Heeley City Farm/Things to do?

Jon

:suspect: I was looking for something to do tomorrow and i was wondering is Heeley City Farm worth a visit?

If not can you suggest anywhere else thats worth a visit (i've been to the Western Park Museum that was ok)

Cheers

Jon :thumbsup:

Yes, I've been there, and its worth a visit if you have small children, i took my four kiddy winks, ages 1 -7 and they loved it. Free admission but they charge alot for the vegetarian cafe which has loads of fair trade type produce in it and lots of hummous.

Its a really weird site kind of sprawled across three or four streets. Really green/eco place, all their energy is powered by one wind turbine.

They have lots of community projects going on and volunteers on site.

Kids liked seeing all the animals, they had goats, pigs etc the usual. Worth a visit but don't expect the standard of canon hall farm and the likes! This place is obviously lacking in funding and not a profit making organisation.

Archived