Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

It would be beneficial in the long run..

But I think the process will be difficult and painful when it happens.

Like splodgeyAl says, legalising cannabis and enabling it to be freely grown as an agricultural product could have important implications for the economy.

Prohibiting industrial hemp (cannabis) is like prohibiting trees or soya beans, except that hemp is more useful than both of them put together.

That in itself makes it a top priority I'd overlooked, along with heroin.

Obviously you didn't understand what I said.

By legalising cannabis, where would politicians know when to stop. Heroin addicts will be crying out for heroin to be made legal, crack addicts for cocaine, etc.

At last someone else who's realised it would just be the thin end of the wedge.

Yesterday a plonker let out of secure conditions mixed smoking cannabis whilst taking his medication and murdered his younger brother.

If so called recreational drugs (sado stimulators) were made legal the above would be a daily event

For my money (and splodgey's) it revolves around a much more basic concept - the right to control your own state of mind.

But you aren't in control when you're high as a kite

Provided you don't harm anyone else (and thus rightfully fall within the purview of the justice system) what business is it of the state to decide how you may or may not modify your awareness?

If you're high as a kite how can you judge what is safe and what isn't.

How can parenting be done safely whilst high on drugs.

What about babies born addicted to heroin?

But you aren't in control when you're high as a kite

You've been misinformed

If you're high as a kite how can you judge what is safe and what isn't.

Some drugs heighten your sense of self-preservation, others lessen it.

How can parenting be done safely whilst high on drugs.

Parenting cannot be done safely, regardless.

What about babies born addicted to heroin?

That wouldn't happen if heroin was legal.

Mod note: Please can you all keep this on-topic, which is about cannabis, not alcohol.

There's been a lot of bickering and insults flying about - please keep it civilised, folks.

Hang on, the discussion is about cannabis and the point has been made that it as a drug is safer than alcohol. If a poster's argument rests on the claim, completely erroneous by the way, that alcohol is NOT a drug, in the face of all the scientific evidence, then it is entirely reasonable to point this out!

Any discussion of harm limitation must by definition refer to how other, more or less harmful drugs, are managed. Otherwise it unnaturally constricts debate.

At last someone else who's realised it would just be the thin end of the wedge.

Yesterday a plonker let out of secure conditions mixed smoking cannabis whilst taking his medication and murdered his younger brother.

If so called recreational drugs (sado stimulators) were made legal the above would be a daily event

Please link to this story and don't refer to unverified anecdotes that suggest cannabis causes people to kill their brother.

Cannabis is legal in The Netherlands.

Murders by cannabis users are not a daily occurence in The Netherlands.

You are posting stuff that simply is not true, please stop posting made-up facts that add nothing whatsoever to the debate.

Archived