Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Oh good grief' date=' sensationalising at its very best! The poor lad was a paranoid schitzophrenic, a condition which can take years for even the best of professionals to stabilise, and on extremely rare occasions tragic events can occur before stabilisation is complete. The fact he smoked cannabis is a complete aside. To say that this would become a daily event if drugs were legalised is melodramatic to say the least. If that was the case why arent all the current drug takers out there killing people now? Why would they wait until the drugs were made legal?[/quote']

bassman is exploiting a horrible murder in order to lie about what happened and somehow blame cannabis.

No. Arguments have been put forward, but I have yet to see a point being made, that can prove this.

Don't get me wrong, to me, alcohol is a drug, and I believe there should be tighter controls on it, and I don't mean, an excuse merely to raise the prices of it. If I were to buy cigarettes anywhere in this country, I get a warning on the box, that I'm likely to get cancer, if I buy a drink in a bar, I get no warning. Alcohol already causes too many unnecessary deaths in this country, directly, and indirectly. The same for smoking. So why would any responsible government, other than to make money, legalise another drug that is encouraging people to smoke?

You get a warning on off-sales of alcohol. I guess law-makers sensibly assumed that people old enough to drink in bars would already know that alcohol is not one of your 5 a day

So why would any responsible government, other than to make money, legalise another drug that is encouraging people to smoke?

Can you answer the 'harm principle'? What right does government have to tell somebody what to do with their own body if it can only cause harm to that person?

There are some parts of my post you disagree with?

You claim a regular cannabis smoker having little bit of weed can actually improve his/her driving ability; isn't that the age old mantra of drink drivers?

And, unborn babies wont get addicted to heroin if heroin was legal, you say?

No. Arguments have been put forward, but I have yet to see a point being made, that can prove this.

Don't get me wrong, to me, alcohol is a drug, and I believe there should be tighter controls on it, and I don't mean, an excuse merely to raise the prices of it. If I were to buy cigarettes anywhere in this country, I get a warning on the box, that I'm likely to get cancer, if I buy a drink in a bar, I get no warning. Alcohol already causes too many unnecessary deaths in this country, directly, and indirectly. The same for smoking. So why would any responsible government, other than to make money, legalise another drug that is encouraging people to smoke?

I think that the price of it should rise. Raising the minimum price for a unit of alcohol, to say, 50p, would only seriously affect the binge drinker.

Archived