Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

It's part of being human, altering your perceptions knowingly and deliberately.

Nahhh, it's part of trying to be something that you're not.

Drugs are for others. You can be yourself without them. Anything else is not fulfulling your potential.

Drugs don't make people, people make drugs, and people are far more interesting without them.

The brain is the most amazing instrument ever created and it functions beautifully in its natural state. Surely, the world is the most incredible place if you appreciate it first hand?

What's missing if you need perception altering drugs to fill a gap?

Originally posted by Tony

Nahhh, it's part of trying to be something that you're not.

Drugs are for others. You can be yourself without them. Anything else is not fulfulling your potential.

Drugs don't make people, people make drugs, and people are far more interesting without them.

The brain is the most amazing instrument ever created and it functions beautifully in its natural state. Surely, the world is the most incredible place if you appreciate it first hand?

What's missing if you need perception altering drugs to fill a gap?

Well said Tony,People do not need drugs & the people who make them & distribute them should be shot.

Originally posted by draggletail

Not from ingesting cannabis.

How the hell do you knoware you a chemist.have you ever lost a member of your family through this evil S**T.people do die from drugs I know first hand.

Originally posted by boyface

Well of course people die from drugs....but that's a pretty big umbrella my friend

From Ingesting cannabis?

I'm afraid the answer is no, they don't die.

What could be the long term effects of eating cannabis any idea????

Let's get one thing clear straight away. Cannabis is not "a drug". Or rather, it is, but the term "drug" immediately gives rise to all sorts of associations that are mostly political. In the first instance, and this should be remembered when talking about "drugs" in any negative sense, is that cannabis is a plant. It is when this natural substance is prepared and then ingested in certain ways that it becomes a drug: exactly the same way that alcohol is based on natural ingredients (yeast, water, sugar, barley/hops/anything else) prepared in certain ways, as is heroin (the opium poppy), cocaine (the coca leaf) and so on. Drugs do, quite literally, grow on trees. It is when we associate these natural substances with the usually pejorative term "drug" that they start becoming the sorts of things politicians, newspapers, teenagers get interested in.... but please remember, it's just a bloody flower.People make drugs.

so what's your point. Is anything that's processed automatically bad?

What about caffeine in coffee? Alchohol? endorphins released when you eat chocolate? That's chocolate having a direct effect on your brain, does that mean we should ban chocolate?

It sounds to me like the label attached to canabis has altered your view of it.

Originally posted by tosh13

Let's get one thing clear straight away. Cannabis is not "a drug". Or rather, it is, but the term "drug" immediately gives rise to all sorts of associations that are mostly political. In the first instance, and this should be remembered when talking about "drugs" in any negative sense, is that cannabis is a plant. It is when this natural substance is prepared and then ingested in certain ways that it becomes a drug: exactly the same way that alcohol is based on natural ingredients (yeast, water, sugar, barley/hops/anything else) prepared in certain ways, as is heroin (the opium poppy), cocaine (the coca leaf) and so on. Drugs do, quite literally, grow on trees. It is when we associate these natural substances with the usually pejorative term "drug" that they start becoming the sorts of things politicians, newspapers, teenagers get interested in.... but please remember, it's just a bloody flower.People make drugs.

The label attached to cannabis has been attached by scientists that it damages brain cells ,ok alchohol & ciggys are bad for you,a driver can be banned for drink driving while a moron high as a kite on cannabis can drive around all day long.I have seen these kids first hand & it is frightening,I guess we live in a society that some say it is bad some say it isn't .The plain fact is Cannabis is a drug & the qoute I made, came from a Cannabis website not from me.Plenty of kids have gone on to harder stuff after starting on Cannabis & I know this first hand as well.

Archived