Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by tosh13

Well posted mate

I'm a bit confused. If I'm reading this correctly, you don't think cannabis should be made legal, or any drugs for that matter, but you think that Phan made a good post, which if I'm reading it correctly, he's pointing out the fact that legalising and controlling all drugs could work better. Prohibition doesn't work.

I think all drugs should be made legal as I've said before. Better control, better prices, safer, cleaner drugs available. Stamp out drug dealers, stamp out the drug related crime. The tax will pay to help addicts. Yet again, we're talking about 'hard' drugs here which is not what this post is about.

Cannabis doesn't really come into this category. As Phan said there are between 2-6 million smoking it in this country every day. That is 2-6 million criminals. But we all know these people are not criminals, they are otherwise law abiding citizens who just fancy a bit of a puff sometimes. Rather like some people enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. We all have our little pleasures in life. In fact it's more criminals than that, there's you who bought it, and is in pocession, there's the bloke down the road who grew it and sold it (let's face it, it's mostly home grown not smuggled these days), there's a few of your mates in the room while you smoke it, even though their not smoking it etc etc etc. Ok, it's been reclassified now so the crime isn't treated so much of a crime now, but I'm making a point.

People will smoke it whether it's legal or not, 2-6 million people do. So why make these people criminals? Why make it so taboo? What's the big deal. You don't have to if you don't want to.

Originally posted by Foxxx

I'm a bit confused. If I'm reading this correctly, you don't think cannabis should be made legal, or any drugs for that matter, but you think that Phan made a good post, which if I'm reading it correctly, he's pointing out the fact that legalising and controlling all drugs could work better. Prohibition doesn't work.

I think all drugs should be made legal as I've said before. Better control, better prices, safer, cleaner drugs available. Stamp out drug dealers, stamp out the drug related crime. The tax will pay to help addicts. Yet again, we're talking about 'hard' drugs here which is not what this post is about.

Cannabis doesn't really come into this category. As Phan said there are between 2-6 million smoking it in this country every day. That is 2-6 million criminals. But we all know these people are not criminals, they are otherwise law abiding citizens who just fancy a bit of a puff sometimes. Rather like some people enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. We all have our little pleasures in life. In fact it's more criminals than that, there's you who bought it, and is in pocession, there's the bloke down the road who grew it and sold it (let's face it, it's mostly home grown not smuggled these days), there's a few of your mates in the room while you smoke it, even though their not smoking it etc etc etc. Ok, it's been reclassified now so the crime isn't treated so much of a crime now, but I'm making a point.

People will smoke it whether it's legal or not, 2-6 million people do. So why make these people criminals? Why make it so taboo? What's the big deal. You don't have to if you don't want to.

No Mate the point I was trying to make is he has or is having experiences with Cannabis,so in my mind he is something of an expert.Apologies I meant Bongmonster

Thanks for the insight mate,at last someone who knows what it's like & the effects.

Yes, it can happen. But these are extreme cases

You fail to pick up on the fact that he quite clearly stated that none of his mates went on to harder drugs.

No Mate the point I was trying to make is he has or is having experiences with Cannabis,so in my mind he is something of an expert.

And perhaps, some of us on here are also experts, unlike yourself :loopy:

I obviously misunderstood, you sounded as though you were contradicting yourself.

Yes, it can happen. But these are extreme cases

You fail to pick up on the fact that he quite clearly stated that none of his mates went on to harder drugs.

Yeah none of his mates might not had gone on to harder drugs but plenty have.Look mate I have no objection to anyone taking drugs if they want,butI have seen what it can do first hand & it is not pleasant when you see someone who is a family member or mate being destroyed.It is soul destroying because no matter how hard you try to help them,they can only help themselves.

And perhaps, some of us on here are also experts, unlike yourself :loopy:

I obviously misunderstood, you sounded as though you were contradicting yourself.

I am no expert & have never said so,I said I have had dealings with a family member,who had taken soft & hard drugs.

Originally posted by Jamie

You make a lot of good points cyclone.

I confess I was indeed taking the 'yellow stuff' to a degree, but was also serious in some ways too.

What you said about our approach and control of drug use makes sense. I don't think we have it right at all, and driving it underground, I think only makes matters worse.

There has to be much better solutions ...

Are drugs good or bad !?

I guess it comes down to the individual. I think smoking that stuff can open you up to a lot of nasty things (which you'd only understand if you'd been there).

Are drugs good or bad? Good question. There are a lot of legal drugs that are prescribed that I would say are bad for you e.g prozac.

There are a lot of illegal drugs that are good, if taken in the right frame of mind, right circumstances and with a group of friends recreationally for a good night out e.g. cannabis, pills, speed.

Depends what you mean by good and bad. Good as in the drug will have a great time, open your mind and experience life? Or Good as in minimal side effects? Good as it, cures disease.

On the other side of the coin, bad as in bad side effects (whether legal or illegal), or bad as in illegal fullstop, or perhaps bad because drugs are not natural, we shouldn't play around with our bodies by creating cures, prolonging our lives, if it's our time, then it's our time.

Good, for the drug dealer, bad for the addicted person, good for the fun loving experimentor, bad for the OD victim.

Very broad question, and I'm sure many different points of views on how to interpret it!

Are drugs good or bad? Good question. There are a lot of legal drugs that are prescribed that I would say are bad for you e.g prozac.

There are a lot of illegal drugs that are good, if taken in the right frame of mind, right circumstances and with a group of friends recreationally for a good night out e.g. cannabis, pills, speed.

Depends what you mean by good and bad. Good as in the drug will have a great time, open your mind and experience life? Or Good as in minimal side effects? Good as it, cures disease.

On the other side of the coin, bad as in bad side effects (whether legal or illegal), or bad as in illegal fullstop, or perhaps bad because drugs are not natural, we shouldn't play around with our bodies by creating cures, prolonging our lives, if it's our time, then it's our time.

Good, for the drug dealer, bad for the addicted person, good for the fun loving experimentor, bad for the OD victim.

Very broad question, and I'm sure many different points of views on how to interpret it!

Foxxx have you got kids??we shouldn't play around with our bodies by creating cures, prolonging our lives, if it's our time, then it's our time.These are Foxxx,s words not mine.

Originally posted by Cyclone

are you serious. Good god, how can anyone hold that attitude. So i'll ask again, I take it you do not take any prescribed medicine nor have any medical treatment as this is all "playing around" with our bodies?

Hang on mate I did not say that.Foxxx did look at his post.

Archived