Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by tosh13

Hang on a minute the guy/girl said those words as a statement not a Question!

It wasn't a statement, I listed out different examples of the possible interpretations people might think of the question 'are drugs good or bad?'. So I said it was a broad question and could mean all sorts of things, admittedly typed fast during my lunch break and I didn't put ? marks in!

Some people do in fact believe all drugs are bad and you shouldn't take them to prolong life. I don't believe this personally, although sometimes you have to draw a line. If e.g. I had a terminal disease, I might prefer pain killers to numb the pain, but I might not want drugs to give me an extra 6 months life, which could be an extra 6 months of pain and suffering. Whether I had kids or not, I would hope they would respect my decision.

For the record, I'm a girl (woman!). To answer your other question, I don't have children yet, but I don't see your point there.

Hang on a minute the guy/girl said those words as a statement not a Question!

Foxxx asked

Are drugs good or bad?

.....Depends what you mean by good and bad. Good as in the drug will have a great time, open your mind and experience life? Or Good as in minimal side effects? Good as it, cures disease.

On the other side of the coin, bad as in bad side effects (whether legal or illegal), or bad as in illegal fullstop, or perhaps bad because drugs are not natural, we shouldn't play around with our bodies by creating cures, prolonging our lives, if it's our time, then it's our time.

Good, for the drug dealer, bad for the addicted person, good for the fun loving experimentor, bad for the OD victim.

Sorry??

Looks like she/he asked a question, then supplied an answer full of questions (just bad/rushed puntuation) to me.

Originally posted by draggletail

Cannabis DOES have more tar than cigarettes, and does contain carcinogens, but they are only released if the cannabis

Is BURNT, smoked and inhaled.

If it is made into 'cannabis butter' and baked into cookies, or inhaled through a vaporiser, you will not get the tar or the carcinogens entering your system.

It still haggles the brain, causes unemployment because they can't get out of bed, and then thieving to pay for it.

Much better to stay clean and spend the weed money on the family.

Originally posted by Foxxx

It wasn't a statement, I listed out different examples of the possible interpretations people might think of the question 'are drugs good or bad?'. So I said it was a broad question and could mean all sorts of things, admittedly typed fast during my lunch break and I didn't put ? marks in!

Some people do in fact believe all drugs are bad and you shouldn't take them to prolong life. I don't believe this personally, although sometimes you have to draw a line. If e.g. I had a terminal disease, I might prefer pain killers to numb the pain, but I might not want drugs to give me an extra 6 months life, which could be an extra 6 months of pain and suffering. Whether I had kids or not, I would hope they would respect my decision.

For the record, I'm a girl (woman!). To answer your other question, I don't have children yet, but I don't see your point there.

The point is if a child is in need of vital treatment to cure them don't you think it is better to do this.And the answer to my question about children was not meant as an insult,so forgive me if I hurt you.But I have lost a son to drugs,I did not wish to mention in other posts as it is personal between myself & my family.But I thought you would like to try & understand why I hate drugs & the people who sell them.

Apology accepted

<Shrug>

<ROLLEYES>

Oh dear...

We do think highly of ourselves, don't we oh rightious one!

So, I take it, you don't drink alcohol, coffee or smoke anything @ all?

Everyone has thier vices/methods of dealing with the pressures of life/family etc

Some choose cannabis for this purpose, others alcohol et-al.

Again, I ask you, please show me anywhere that shows (with documented evidence) death by cannabis overdose.

You won't be able to!

Then try alcohol....

Then, try Paracetamol - both legal!!

People take drugs (illegal or legal) recreationally for a variety of reasons. Very few move onto harder compounds, and those that do (IMO) would have done so at some stage regardless of cannabis. I have never used H, Crack, Coke etc - 'cause I'm far too aware of the hidden dangers. I will, however, engage in the odd spliff (or 8 ).

Why?

It opens doors!

PS - In reference to you post below:

A sense of humour slowly emerges..... WTS...

Archived