Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

why would anyone need to be commotised (sp) to "have a good time" its quite amusing at clubs watching the druggies, normal people are dancing smiling etc wile the druggies sit round a table gurning and staring into space..whats good about that........and yes i have tried it.

Originally posted by Cutglass

.......so I do think it's a bit irresponsible to vote/discuss/debate about something that is "illegal"

I do note that this 'concern' of yours has not prevented you from discussing graffiti, hacking and defecating dogs on the forum.

All 'illegal' activities!:D

Originally posted by cgksheff

I do note that this 'concern' of yours has not prevented you from discussing graffiti, hacking and defecating dogs on the forum.

All 'illegal' activities!:D

my point exactly:thumbsup: isn't the forum for disscusing things?

I don't smoke but I have occasionally had cake, or cookies! (made with it in)and I found it really difficult to not eat too much, as it can leave you splitting your sides with laughter uncontrollably when anyone says anything, or alternatively does nothing at all, or leaves you with difficulty walking.

I do know afew people, who are mostly musicians who have a real problem and are smoking it all the time. I think if a regular user this is a state which it would be difficult to avoid. One guy I know has mental problems, takes prescribed medicine for his mental problems, smokes lots of dope and also drinks pints of strong beer every night to sleep. I don't know if the mental difficulties came first, but the guy really does have problems.

In fact the other two blokes I am also thinking off also suffer with mental problems, and their behaviour and mood is seriously affected.

To summarise, after my life experience, I would say that anyone who smokes it every day, (or possibly every other day) is heading for problems.

Why is it that when anyone ever criticises smoking weed, the comeback is always alcohol related??? The two are not the same! Smoking weed is against the law, and it normally happens in dark front rooms with the curtains closed...

I know alot of people who smoke on a regular basis, but it does not interest me in the slightest... I am quite happy with my glass of wine, thanks...

Some of the people I know can barely get up in the morning without having a joint first, or they get cranky when they have run out. Now, I know that I (nor anyone else I know) do not feel the same about alcohol...

And, if nothing else, the thought of putting my mouth around something that has been passed around several people is quite revolting.

Originally posted by JonJParr

Bottom line is it's illegal and you can be prosecuted for using it. I personally hate the stuff and pity anyone who feels they have to use a mind-altering drug to "have a good time". Pathetic.

If the Conservative Party gets back in they will no doubt revert it to category B and I'm all for that.

Indeed, and let's hope they do.

I personally don't think a thread that seemingly promotes the undertaking of an illegal activity should be allowed, especially on a so-called "family forum". Nether Edge seems to be hippy capital of the world. :D

Originally posted by evildrneil

[MOD NOTE] As long as the thread remains discussion it is valid if it turns into promotion (which is isn't so far) then it will be re-evaluated

"I think it's great I'm a hardcore stoner" isn't a form of promotion? Imagine a thread "What do you think of murder?" with one option being "I love to kill people it's great".

Archived