Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by Agent ****

If you smoke weed you will inevitably get addicted to crack and rob pensioners.

aye, thats what the dirty lying skum politiicians would have the none weed smoking population to believe....some of us know better though............i suppose it happens to a few BUT theyre that inclined anyway no matter what they start smoking.

If you smoke weed you will inevitably get addicted to crack and rob pensioners.

I know lots of people who smoke it and none of them take crack or rob pensioners in fact most stoners are gentler, and more chilled out and nice then non stoners :hihi:

I've never smoked weed but I'll rob pensioners anyway, easy targets you see.

i only rob pensioners if they are on weed, even easier targets

:D

Weed is good?, Weed is bad?

Ever feel happy?, Ever feel sad?

Your bodies tired and so's your mind

You've long forgot what you were trying to find

If you're the sorta person who's gonna take hard drugs, of course you'll also have smoked weed! That's one of the dumbest arguments you can ever hear about keeping weed illegal.

The same people will smoke fags and drink alcohol.

Amazingly, I also believe they drink coffee and eat chocolate. Can you believe they can go round the corner and get them from tesco, even kids are allowed?

Drug abusers are the sad ones, and I mean that sympathetically.

Drug users are not necessarily the same thing.

By that you can include all drugs, prescription, non-prescription, caffeine, etc.

You can't go against one thing because it's illegal, and then not others. There is no right or wrong, it's all shades of grey. Alcohol is illegal in some countries and banned in many sects and religons. In those same places, smoking (more or less) dodgy substances isn't.

Remember there are political and historical reasons behind illegal substances, it isn't just down to science. Although I'm not a fan of E, Speed, LSD et al, where do you think they came from? Do you know the history of why they were banned?

Do you know the real stats behind death, injury, and mental health problems associated with drugs of all kinds? You'd probably be very surprised, particularly as regards speed and E (and derivatives). Don't believe the Daily Mail all the time.

Bare in mind I'm quite anti-drugs, but people can do what they want. It shouldn't be up to me, you, or the govt. Not until it starts seriously affecting society.

Which, funnily enough, alcohol is really doing at the moment. Just as it has numerous times in the past few hundred years in this country, if you know your history.

Joe - you said if there is a small risk of it screwing with your mind, that's a reason to avoid it. Well, I think you'll find some legal drugs have that risk too.

Also, there are risks with all sorts of activities - look at me, crippled by football injuries yet again, but I'll still play once my leg and arm are in one piece again. Stupid maybe, but my choice, and not doing anyone else any harm.

I don't take stuff for the same reason as you I suspect, but I do drink because actually it's fun, in moderation, and hopefully isn't destroying my mind. As with many here, I've had some of my best nights when out drinking. I don't think thats sad, but I've written enough so won't go into why, for the moment!

People can have great nights with mates, staying in, smoking dope and playing playstation. Refer to Mike Skinner lyrics here...

hic

For those who say it's evil - I'd love to know how on earth you can justify it, other than to say "it's illegal" or "I don't drink, smoke, take caffeine, take pills of any kind". Neither of which are very good arguments IMHO.

But then I'm both opinionated and in the mood for an argument.

It's a mind-altering drug that slows down your reaction time and your responses to certain situations. It causes you to "laugh" at things that in reality may not be all that funny! I think that it should be banned from use for eternity, but there will always be one or two people saying to legalize it, cuz they are probably potheads themselves. It's a waste of money and a BIG waste of time.

Originally posted by alex9005

It's a mind-altering drug that slows down your reaction time and your responses to certain situations. It causes you to "laugh" at things that in reality may not be all that funny! I think that it should be banned from use for eternity, but there will always be one or two people saying to legalize it, cuz they are probably potheads themselves. It's a waste of money and a BIG waste of time.

What a norrowminded view!!!

Can i ask you- do you drink at all?

Without meaning to be condescending, alex's view could be partly down to his age [14 or 15 according to his profile]. Things often seem to much more black and white then.

Alex, if you read through the thread, you'll find it isn't quite so simple. An awful lot of things are mind altering...

I remember friends trying to smoke banana skins and also making nutmeg cakes!

Archived