Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Can we have a poll?

I would say alcohol causes more problems to society (check out any city centre on a Friday night) but that's not to safe cannabis is a safe product.

Due to the criminal elements involved in the trafficking of even 'soft' drugs. there will alway be an element of violence present in its distribution.

Originally posted by Abdul

Can we have a poll?

I would say alcohol causes more problems to society (check out any city centre on a Friday night) but that's not to safe cannabis is a safe product.

Due to the criminal elements involved in the trafficking of even 'soft' drugs. there will alway be an element of violence present in its distribution.

i agree about traffacking etc, that will probably never stop, but on the other hand they could make alcohol illegal but they wont because they earn too much money from it. i bet if the goverment could earn money through cannabis ( put tax on it etc ) they would..

just been prompted by another thread to ask:what are the actual dangers of cannabis? some sources ive found say it even has health benifits. despite drugs like alcohol being much more of a problem, cannabis isnt as socially accepted as alcohol, so is all the fuss about cannabis just because of its reputation?

Originally posted by Abdul

Can we have a poll?

if it were legalised then there would be no criminal element trafficing it.

i totally agree, alcohol cause dailey problems, around the world.

when was the last time you watched the news and someone had died through cannabis??

or someone was violently assulted by someone who was high off cannabis??

street crime uk, its constand beer drinkers causing problems.

Cannabis certainly isn't a 'safe' product, but then very little is completely safe in today's world.

Alcohol seems to cause more problems (as I see it anyhoo). People tend to do more anti-social things when drunk than when stoned. Hmmm.

A recent programme said that if it was legalised the amount that could be made from the taxation would cover the price of all prescription drugs on the NHS. The age could be kept to over 21, since it has been shown that cannabis use in early teens effects brain development. Usage and content could be monitored - the world could be a happier place!

Archived