Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by paulprh

alcohol sends people daft and violent

I don't totally agree with this. With a few exceptions, alcohol merely facilitates violent people doing what comes naturally to them. And these people still continue to drink alcohol, knowing what they do when they're drunk.

I say exceptions, because I do believe alcoholism is an illness that does things to you that you have no control over. But I think there are far fewer genuine alcoholics than the media would have us believe.

I dunno, I think most people would admit to doing things they think were daft / aggressive/embarrassing etc (things that they would certainly not have done had they been straight) after having a drink...

Alcohol impairs one's judgement. But then so does cannabis...

Originally posted by chickmonk

Cannabis certainly isn't a 'safe' product, but then very little is completely safe in today's world.

Alcohol seems to cause more problems (as I see it anyhoo). People tend to do more anti-social things when drunk than when stoned. Hmmm.

What about people who marry the joint and don't pass it round for a year?

They are the worst.

Seriously though I think they are on a par with what it worst. The governments have got it all wrong with drugs - they should legalize cannibas and regulate it like others have already said. This wouldn't solve all the problems though.

Has anyone heard that Magic Mushrooms are a class A drug as of Friday?? I think that is RIDICULOUS.

Originally posted by RichD

I don't totally agree with this. With a few exceptions, alcohol merely facilitates violent people doing what comes naturally to them. And these people still continue to drink alcohol, knowing what they do when they're drunk.

I say exceptions, because I do believe alcoholism is an illness that does things to you that you have no control over. But I think there are far fewer genuine alcoholics than the media would have us believe.

at the end of the day, everyone knows what alcohol does to you, they know its addictive but yet they still choose to do so.

so why is this an illness????

is smoking a cigerette an illness??

heroine addicts, etc its not an illness because they have chosen to take it in the first place

Originally posted by mjlacey21

Shrooms are nature's gift to us. Why does the law have to interfere?

lol, because like i said before if the government could earn money from cannabis etc then they would legalize it.

they should make ready spliffs and put them in cigerette packets ( superking size )

and then the manufacturers are controlling how much cannabis goes into each spliff, and then its a happier place..

An addiction is treated as an illness because you have trouble stopping doing something that is ruining your health and your life in some way.

Some people can take or leave heroin, cigarettes or alcohol etc.

mjlacey21 Shrooms are nature's gift to us. Why does the law have to interfere?

I'll have to find out exactly why they're doing it. But whatever they're reason it's wrongdiddlyongdong.

Originally posted by mjlacey21

Shrooms are nature's gift to us. Why does the law have to interfere?

I chuckled...

Leanah, I think alcoholism is classed as an illness because it becomes physically addictive and then you no longer have a 'choice'. You become an alcoholic for life. There is no going back and there is no such thing as a 'safe' drink. The effects of alcohol on an alcoholic are far more detrimental than to someone who is not.

I agree that it 'illness' usually does not imply this kind of thing (illness usually makes you think of something like 'flu). It is like a sickness of the body though when it goes so far.

(Accept that I may have got this one wrong though).

Archived