Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Originally posted by chickmonk

Some don't know the risks. Some aren't able to say no. Many believe that they'll be able to kick it at any time they want. They just don't want to 'right now'. I reckon the vast majority of adults have drunk alcohol at some time. They know the risks, why don't they just say no? Because they don't think alcoholism will happen to them. As SimonS said, noone chooses to be an addict.

i used to take ecstacy really bad years ago, i was taking them morning and night, one day after about 11 mnths of taking them all the time i said to myself

" look at other people around you who is screwed up from ecstacy, i didnt want to end up like them.

even tho i was taking them a hell of alot and was addicted.

i never touched another one after that day.

no one helped me, everyone was trying to get me to take them, but i said NO.

so i know that you do have a choice before it gets to that stage.

its just up to you which one you choose

I'd heard it was happening, but it just seems something that there was no need for the law to really involve itself with. We'll just have to wait until picking season and go in disguise. We could have organised camoflouge PYO days!!!

lol

Gasp! But that would be against the law! :heyhey:

WHEN?? :D

Originally posted by chickmonk

I'm not entirely sure that Es are addictive (in the same way as heroin). Perhaps someone else might shed some light on this? Good on you for kicking it all the same. :thumbsup:

thx, i dont even drink now, ive seen what it does to people and i dont want to end up like that.

and ecstacy is very addictive, 9 out of 10 people that go to night clubs etc, just in sheffield will take ecstacy..

apart from cocain, ecstacy is the next popular.

hmmm. interesting.

Popular doesn't equal addictive tho. Haribo is poplular (in my house). Many people eat toast - not addictive. I'm not sure but something that is a 'habit' is not necessarily a 'physical addiction'.

Ann_x, know anymore on this??

Anyhoo Leanah, ta for an interesting and stimulating discussion. :smile: Got to dash as meeting mate in pub (for alcohol...)

cheese and peas and trees to you, s x

I was answering the original question, title and topic of this thread, i.e. "What Is Worst (sic) Alcohol or Cannabis?".

Although potential addicts choose, in the beginning, to use these substances, it can become that after a while they have no choice, and they are addicts.

It is very rare for someone to become addicted to ecstasy, unless they are taking ecstasy tablets with an addictive additive. Leanah, I very much doubt that you were "addicted" to ecstasy. It's more probable that you felt that you needed to take ecstasy to get through the day. From what you have said, you were able to stop taking ecstasy with little or no side effects, which wouldn't have been the case if you had been taking something like heroin or cocaine.

Originally posted by Abdul

Can we have a poll?

I would say alcohol causes more problems to society (check out any city centre on a Friday night) but that's not to safe cannabis is a safe product.

Due to the criminal elements involved in the trafficking of even 'soft' drugs. there will alway be an element of violence present in its distribution.

but the trafficking and violence is ONLY there because its illegal, make it legal like alcohol and there wouldnt be that problem.......cannabis doesnt have the same impact on the streets on friday / sunday nights either ........in fact i strongly believe thats one reason why football hooliganism declined .......due to cannabis and E use (theyve chilled out)

the only real issues with cannabis are obviously the health ones ....smoking? and i suppose the mental (which mostly i do believe IS down to you having the capacity for those problems anyway, and cannabis can be the trigger) but then so can anything.......trigger it.

all in all i think the problems are about the same.......minus the ones caused by legality and the violence associated with alcohol

If you drink alcohol as directed (follow guidlines on how much to drink, etc) then it is perfectly safe. If you smoke cannabis then it will probably cause health problems in the end... as with all cigs.

It's also a bit unfair to compare it to drinking in town on a friday night, as we have no idea what would happen if all the same people met every friday to smoke dope.

In my local, my experience of alcohol has been that there has never been any trouble in the past ten years that I have been drinking there. I have never known anyone fight there, or drink so much they were ill, and the alcohol doesn't leave a foul smell on your clothes.

Originally posted by Snook

If you drink alcohol as directed (follow guidlines on how much to drink, etc) then it is perfectly safe. If you smoke cannabis then it will probably cause health problems in the end... as with all cigs.

It's also a bit unfair to compare it to drinking in town on a friday night, as we have no idea what would happen if all the same people met every friday to smoke dope.

HUH?

in moderate cannabis is perfectly too.you can also eat it or smoke it WITHOUT ciggarette

and about the second point ??? LOL well from my personal experience people would be too stoned, friendly, happy, got the munchies to bother fighting

Archived