Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

there's no point in trying to make cannabis out to be perfect either.

It does aggravate certain psychiatric disorders or bring them out when they are latent and persistent heavy use can cause other problems.

Calling it a herb doesn't alter things either. It's a drug, just like any other compound which has an effect on the body. Man made or natural doesn't make any difference.

Originally posted by Cyclone

you are mistaken. People may be psychologically addicted to many things, but I was specifically talking about physical addiction, none of the examples you give are physically addictive, whereas things like nicotine, caffeine and heroin are highly physically addictive (all with different levels of withdrawal symptoms though).

and none of those you mentioned were cannabis OR alcohol (only alcohol is physically addictive)

Originally posted by Cyclone

there's no point in trying to make cannabis out to be perfect either.

It does aggravate certain psychiatric disorders or bring them out when they are latent and persistent heavy use can cause other problems.

Calling it a herb doesn't alter things either. It's a drug, just like any other compound which has an effect on the body. Man made or natural doesn't make any difference.

nobodys denying any of those but at the same time, theres no point denying theres positives too............anti drugs people seem to want to hide the positives and just dwell on the negatives ............i prefer to give both sides for a balanced view......then its up to the INDIVIDUAL to decide (i really cant understand why people seem to not want this way of thinking to be around?)

Thank you Star Sparkle, MJLacey21 & Cyclone.

Cyclone - Don't misinterpret my point.

You said - "there's no point in trying to make cannabis out to be perfect either" -

I dont see where I made out that marijuana was perfect?

I simply gave my view and stated THE FACTS as I see them in response to the question:

"what is worse alcohol or cannabis?"

You said - "calling it a herb doesnt alter things either" -

Just so you know every type of herb that exists in the universe has an effect to some degree on the human brain or organs. Herb plants can all be medicinal or toxic. Dependent on their use & volume of consumption.

"Its just like any other compound which has an effect on the body. Man made or natural doesn't make any difference"

With all due respect - Compounds are created by combining two or more ingredients or parts.

Marijuana is a one ingredient herb plant.

Be bold enough to judge for yourself.

Originally posted by mojoworking

That's exactly what I mean. If we could go back in time and re-introduce tobacco and alcohol, don't you think we'd do things very differently?

THEY PROBABLY WOULD,

if they didnt put too much tax on cigs and booze people wouldnt need to import them!!!

Originally posted by Toronto

Thank you Star Sparkle, MJLacey21 & Cyclone.

Cyclone - Don't misinterpret my point.

You said - "there's no point in trying to make cannabis out to be perfect either" -

I dont see where I made out that marijuana was perfect?

I simply gave my view and stated THE FACTS as I see them in response to the question:

"what is worse alcohol or cannabis?"

You said - "calling it a herb doesnt alter things either" -

Just so you know every type of herb that exists in the universe has an effect to some degree on the human brain or organs. Herb plants can all be medicinal or toxic. Dependent on their use & volume of consumption.

"Its just like any other compound which has an effect on the body. Man made or natural doesn't make any difference"

With all due respect - Compounds are created by combining two or more ingredients or parts.

Marijuana is a one ingredient herb plant.

Be bold enough to judge for yourself.

the active chemicals in marijuana are complex. I'm sure if we could be bothered we could synthesise them. Would that alter anything? Not in my opinion. It's a chemical which happens to occur naturally, but designer drug or natural drug, it's all the same.

I'm all for the balanced view, I've pointed out where people trying to villify all drugs are misrepresenting things, I just thought that you're view seemed to be all sweetness and light with little or no mention of any potential harm.

Mel - I can't actually see what the original point about addiction was. I think i'd said that physically addictive substances (not cannabis, I think it might have been a general point) should be controlled by society because physical addiction can lead to extremes of behaviour in order to feed the addiction.

You countered with a point that people can become addicted to many things, such as shopping, but that's psychological, not physical.

Cannabis isn't physically addictive and so wouldn't fall under the "needs to be controlled" group, other drugs are, heroin particularly as it's highly addictive and has very bad withdrawal symptoms.

I don't think we're actually disagreeing about anything, unless you think all drugs should be freely available, rather than just the ones that don't cause harm to anyone other than the user (most of the time).

Hello there

I think any 'drug' is addictive to an addictive personality. Alcohol is a drug its just that the government decided it was ok to bang a load of tax on it and make some money. If the 'trend' years ago was to smoke cannabis, would alcohol be illegal and blow taxed to the hind teeth????

Archived