Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

everyone knows what drugs & alcohol does to you.

its up to you if you take it or not....

people knows alcohol is addictive

they know drugs are addictive

so if they want to drink and drink until they are a alcoholic its there choice, you dont have to hammer booze.

same with drugs, i have taken ecstacy very badly years ago, and i stopped because i saw others around me all off there heads reel bad, and i said i wasnt having any more.

and i havent!!!

" everyone has there own mind, and choices in life its just which ones you coose to take "

Originally posted by mojoworking

Well, you certainly stole all the words in your original post, my friend. Strange that you made absolutely no attempt to credit the source of your fine words until now though (the same profound quotes are repeated on several sites about Bob Marley).

I wonder if you would have continued to pass this off as your own work and accept praise for it had you not been exposed as a plagiarist?

still can't find any other fault with toronto's post eh?

keep up the good work :D

(this is not an academic journal btw)

I'm with Bill Hicks

Originally posted by Cyclone

There is a clear difference between a physical and a mental dependency, I would generally describe the former as 'more' addictive than the latter group.

How can you possibly say this? Unless you have suffered from both a physical addiction and had a mental dependency, and are personally able to compare them, how can you know?

If someone has an addictive personality, they can potentially become dependent on just about anything - shopping, gambling, whatever. A mental dependency is no less 'real' than a physical one, just because it lacks the external symptoms of a physical dependency that are very obvious to other people.

I'm embarrassed to say I'd not heard of the Ministry album Melthebell refers to, but the quote: "The mind is a terrible thing to taste" is terrifyingly true.

StarSparkle

I know a lot more people addicted to Cannabis than alcohol whether this addiction is physical, mental or anything else it is still n addiction.

Originally posted by StarSparkle

How can you possibly say this? Unless you have suffered from both a physical addiction and had a mental dependency, and are personally able to compare them, how can you know?

If someone has an addictive personality, they can potentially become dependent on just about anything - shopping, gambling, whatever. A mental dependency is no less 'real' than a physical one, just because it lacks the external symptoms of a physical dependency that are very obvious to other people.

I'm embarrassed to say I'd not heard of the Ministry album Melthebell refers to, but the quote: "The mind is a terrible thing to taste" is terrifyingly true.

StarSparkle

I'd guess that the people who perform studies of these sorts of things haven't necessarily experienced both either, it doesn't make the study any less valid.

Neither was I suggesting that a mental dependancy was any less real, just that it's not physical. There will be no withdrawal symptoms from going cold turkey on shoe shopping, nor can you overdose on it. The addiction is quite different.

Originally posted by robbie

I know a lot more people addicted to Cannabis than alcohol whether this addiction is physical, mental or anything else it is still n addiction.

cannabis is better than alcohol anyway so there probably better on it anyway

I'd say alcohol is more damaging than cannabis. I don't use it though as I don't smoke.

Cigarettes and alcohol obviously do more damage than cannabis, I don't get why this debate keeps on popping up.

Originally posted by Agent ****

I'd say alcohol is more damaging than cannabis. I don't use it though as I don't smoke.

Cigarettes and alcohol obviously do more damage than cannabis, I don't get why this debate keeps on popping up.

ur right alcohol is far worse, why dont the government see this, they could legalize it and then people wouldnt have to smuggle as much, and they could sell it like they do cigerettes, and then they have controll of how much they put into each one.

Archived