Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

I used to smoke it a lot a good 6 or 7 years ago. How I miss the experience....the paranoia, convinced that everyone was whispering about me....the thirts, the hunger, the inability to stand up and actually do anything about it....the 'time delay' effect that mean that everything seemed to go on for ages (never listen to Iron Butterfly's In A Gadda Da Vida whilst stoned...it messes with you man).

Actually, thinking about it, I can't work out for the life of me what was so good about it! Hmm...I'll put it down to the folly of youth.

A bit of weed is no problem. Too much skunk makes life hard work, when i used to smoke it allot I never got anything done. come to think of it I still havent got anything done, well er, that is I cant remember whether I did.

I think its effected my memory, maybe.

You don't of course have to have any tobacco in there... (although I know if I got into the habit of smoking pure skunk I'd never get off the floor! :)) I realise he did specifically mention smoking, but remember there are other ways like bongs or plain old eating.

Is that other than the consequences of smoking tobacco (ie. sallow yellowish skin, premature aging, hoarse voice

Not me mate i hav a nice tan,still get asked my age at 30+ hoarse voice nope i sound like my balls are traped in a vice as for the tar most probs yes and btw i dont use tobacco either i just smoke the weed.

I hate alcohol if anything should be made illegal it should be booze..

I think Tweed is great in moderation, I got caught up in the skunk trap for a couple of years and basically smoked every night with mates without fail, god knows how i managed to keep my job at the time. I tried my first bit of draw at school when i was 13 I remember going to my friends house for a smoke on a bong and got high as a kite I thought it was great - i didn't smoke it much though at a young age i got put off by the police raid on his house in the morning. Anyway I reckon the vast majority of people think the drug is relatively harmless because it's not a 'hard' drug and also it's 'not addictive' I think people are misinformed - the drug isn't technically addictive but the feeling you get from it and the tobacco you smoke with it IS addictive, I found that when I smoked it a lot cigarettes tasted horrible and boring so were pointless especially cos you weren't getting high so i smoked more weed! It's weird but in a way you DO get addicted. I rember times of desperation when we had no weed phoning every dealer i ever knew even if it was a friend of a friend it was worth a try, my god the depression when we couldn't get any, no-one knew what to do with themmselves - like weed was our life! I suppose it basically was. I reckon the drug can affect some worse than others, but things like paranoia, laziness, low self-asteem, fogetfullness, being a bit crap in social situations - and just being generally boring because of the dead brain are things that affect everyone who smokes it wether they want to believe it or not. OK maybe not if you a have a joint or two now and agin but just smoking it all the time is baaaaad for your head. It's better to have it now and again,you appreciate it more, you get high off one joint, you have a better brain and your eyes look better. Anyway I just think people need to know the down sides of the drug, instead of it having this 'relatively harmless' association.

I find anyone legislating what I can do with my body and my life to be completely ridiculous. I have no clue how my choice to do what I want in the privacy of my own home (or a friend's home or a suitable place) is anyone else's business, especially the goverment.

I completely support organizations like the ACLU and any other organization who's goal it is to push personal freedoms. Here are a list of thing I feel and believe should be perfectly legal and unrestricted.

Drug Use

Suicide

Assisted Suicide

Helmetless Motorcycle Riding

Gay, Straight, Upsidedown or any sex that doesn't involve unwilling or underage participants

Gay, Straight, Multi or whatever type of marriage you want to have that doesn't involve unwilling or underaged participants

This does NOT mean I support driving under the influence, riding a motorcycle with your helmetless kid or anything else that DIRECTLY endangers someone else (that means claiming 'you are hurting me cause I'd miss you if you die' does not count as harm!).

Before you start fighting me think of all the other personally risky behavior that's perfectly legal:

Unprotected sex

Base Jumping

Sky Diving

Auto racing

Rock climbing

Church

It's my body, it's my life and I do (and should be legally allowed to) what I want. If I want to light up a joint and I enjoy it then I think it's perfectly fine. If it makes me lazy and not want to cut the grass in the garden until tomorrow, that's great with me, more time for lovin with the Missus.

Oh and just as a side note, Marijuana was made illegal in the US during the great depression as a tool to deport mexican laborers from Texas. Also marijauna is not physically addictive, does not cause brain damage and has all sorts of positive medicinal uses that are directly proven by hard science.

Such is my opinion... it's worth no more or less...

Peace,

Locker

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Esa666

A bit of weed is no problem. Too much skunk makes life hard work, when i used to smoke it allot I never got anything done. come to think of it I still havent got anything done, well er, that is I cant remember whether I did.

I think its effected my memory, maybe.

It's certainly affected your spelling! ;)

Archived