Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

LOL......The cultivation is illegal and by no means tolerated,....at least once every few weeks i see the guys "SEON" (the contracted "cleaning" company) raiding houses, with huge red skips, emptying the contents of the houses, all the instruments used including the plants, in some cases thousands.

As I understand it, the cannabis museum grow room is tolerated, as are people growing 5 plants or less in windowboxes and the like. Although the number of coffeeshops is diminishing, they still grow and breed their own in amsterdam, with official knowledge.

Amsterdam is not ignorant of the economic benefits, as well as defecits, that come from Cannabis.

• 7 months later...

...when alcohol isn't?

I don't smoke cannabis and I don't drink alcohol either. So this isn't a 'legalise cannabis' plea. I'm just interested to know the answer.

Does the use or misuse of cannabis pose a bigger threat to public health than alcohol?

Wouldn't the government be able to make money from taxing it (as well as being able to control its use) if it were legalised?

Because alcohol use was so well established by the time the government started looking at banning anything that it would have been impossible to enforce a ban.

Plus they realised that by taxing it instead they were onto a good think.

The question ought to be why some substances are treat differently to others. The government has no consistent policy, nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, cannabinoids, etc, etc... They are all drugs, there should be a consistent way of controlling them, be that a rating and then appropriate controls or whatever.

...when alcohol isn't?

Does the use or misuse of cannabis pose a bigger threat to public health than alcohol? ?

It'd take something like smoking 3.5lb of grass in an hour to overdose on cannabis (physically impossible). Compare that to the irrepairable damage a bottle of hard liquor can do . .

. . needless to say, I rarely drink!

If Sir Walter Raleigh had fetched back cannabis form the new world all those years ago instead of tobacco.

We would all be smoking cannabis now and tobacco would be a drug and banned

I rest my case

Lucky you're not a lawyer then - you'd not have much work.

Cannabis causes all sorts of problems for the user.

Only deluded cannabis users fail to see this.

Am i right in thinking that cannabis can cause physical problems as well though? plus the mental problems it can cause.

In droves - but the druggie-loving posters will argue beyond any logic that it's just great for you and hasn't done them any harm at all. Prats.

...when alcohol isn't?

I don't smoke cannabis and I don't drink alcohol either. So this isn't a 'legalise cannabis' plea. I'm just interested to know the answer.

Does the use or misuse of cannabis pose a bigger threat to public health than alcohol?

Wouldn't the government be able to make money from taxing it (as well as being able to control its use) if it were legalised?

yes the government could tax it if it was legal... alcohal kills more people per year than skunk, but that's ok??

Archived