Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

Does it really. Is Tony that much smarter than you or me?

What is the distinction between a drug that is legal and one that is illegal?

Is it the legality which alters things so that the previously normal people become cretinous?

If they travel to Holland are they no longer cretins?

Such a black and white view, and such complete an utter trust in a demonstrably incompetant and definitely inconsistent government.

they should be banged up

Why should they? What good does it do? It costs the tax payer a fortune, it isn't much of a deterrent and what harm does it actually do to anyone other than the user? Cannabis isn't even addictive.

Dealers are different, their crimes run to much greater levels. But they wouldn't exist if drugs were legal. Surely the easiest way to stop the dealers is to give them nothing to deal. Bring all that underground money into a taxable environment, where the government and hence we can reap the benefits. I doubt very much that we'd all become dribbling drug addicts overnight.

Surely the easiest way to stop the dealers is to give them nothing to deal. Bring all that underground money into a taxable environment, where the government and hence we can reap the benefits. I doubt very much that we'd all become dribbling drug addicts overnight.

In fact, quite the reverse; when heroin addicts could get their supply of heroin from the NHS, there were less than 3,000 of them in the whole country.

Since that policy was scrapped, dealers stepped in to supply the addicts with what they no longer got from the NHS. And, of course, as soon as a dealer is in place, he wants to expand his market, so he can sell more drugs. Consequently, we now have pushing 200,000 heroin addicts.

If heroin were available from Boots, under licensed and controlled conditions, for a reasonable market rate, instead of from a criminal at fifty times the price, we (a) wouldn't have as many addicts, and (b) wouldn't force addicts into a life of theft to fund their addiction.

On the other hand we could put prohibitions on alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, solvents, nutmeg, laburnum seeds, fly agaric, nitous oxide, qat, diviners sage, morning glory seeds etc etc etc. Eventually, we will of course need to prohibit toads, centipedes and ultimately bartfarst - his pineal gland being a cornucopia of tryptamines.

• 4 weeks later...
What about the case of the first man that died directly by cannabis abuse? .

ok so ur on about some poor bloke who died, maybe due to cannabis

if u want to kill urself wiv weed, best thing to do is get someone to drop a kilo on your head from a great height

how many die every year due to alcohol, both long term addiction and short term binges?

thousands

lets get things in scale here

I smoke weed as it helps me with my joint problems. The fact that its enjoyable too is a bonus.

lol i'd say it deffo helps u wiv ur joint probs - u'd not have much of a joint without weed now wud ya?

kaboom - boom!

i gave up joints couple years ago after smokin em every day for about 13 years

i was addicted to tobacco, not cannabis

if i smoke these days i use a pipe - much better taste and hit

. (PS, I like alcohol, and sometimes drink too much - I too become a bit boring, however it's legal and one drug is quite enough)

one drug might be enuff for you maybe - i say bring 'em on!!

i prefer the effects of most other recreational substances to alcohol - i like a few pints but it gets a bit ropey after that imho

Which is the "illegal" part of cannabis....obviously distributing it but is buying cannabis seeds illegal? Is growing it illegal if its for personal use?

the idea that something that naturally grows out of the ground can be legislated against is to me unnatural

and the thing that makes me laugh is that most of the legislators would consider themselves to be "christian" and it says in their bible god gave us all the seed bearing plants to use

Archived