Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

That's a very good question Sam Miguel, and I don't know the answer. I have read that alcohol and tobacco are the drug of choice for the establishment, which is another reason those drugs will never be banned.

As to why cannabis is not legal if is alleged to be less harmful than alcohol, I don't know.

I'm for cannabis use for medicinal purposes, but I would never support its decriminalisation. Otherwise we'll go from drink driving to stoned driving.

And I would never want to see cannabis being smoked openly in the street either.

Originally posted by Abdul

I don't agree Hodge. Legalising something that affects the human mind in such a way that it affects your actions is not something I'd approve of.

It should stay illegal.

THC doesn't affect the mind in any negative way that I can think of, apart from slower reactions, which I still don't see as particularly negative, and it may sometimes cause paranoia. Unlike alcohol, I don't recall ever witnessing, or hearing about a marijuana-induced punch up, etc., lol.

If people don't agree with smoking it, then fair enough, don't smoke it, but to penalise those who do enjoy the experience in my opinion, is just wrong.

<Shrugs shoulders>

Ban alcohol as well then. I don't drink, so I don't care!

:)

/moral superiority

Lol, That's cool mate, and I respect you for that. To be honest, I don't drink much either, and there have been periods where I've completely given up alcohol (6 months - not a substantial amount of time, admittedly!) - but I'd never want to stop others from enjoying drinking.

Originally posted by Hodge

THC doesn't affect the mind in any negative way that I can think of, apart from slower reactions, which I still don't see as particularly negative, and it may sometimes cause paranoia.

Is this scientifically proven though? What I do hear regularly on the news is stories about the long term effects of Cannabis which include memory loss.

Originally posted by Hodge

Unlike alcohol, I don't recall ever witnessing, or hearing about a marijuana-induced punch up, etc., lol.

Yes - robh made a similar comment a while back :D Perhaps it could be given as a sedative to people who are prone to violence!

Is this scientifically proven though? What I do hear regularly on the news is stories about the long term effects of Cannabis which include memory loss.

Short term memory can be affected by heavy use, but then heavy use of anything can have adverse effects - too much coffee may make one hyperactive, for (a rather crap) example.

Yes - robh made a similar comment a while back :D Perhaps it could be given as a sedative to people who are prone to violence!

LOL

Interesting that this post is on the go again (thanks Lickszz). I'm not going to go into it all again now as I've done that in previous posts in this thread and other threads too, however since there are loads of new members it would be good to get some more votes as the results are looking pretty interesting so far!

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

I can just imagine brands like Embassy Cloud 9, Lambert & Reefer and Superspliffs going on sale.

:) Rofl

Other brands

Half Cut

Marlboro Highs

Bongson and Hashish

Silk Skunk

Golden Virganja

Mary Jane Specials

Archived