Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

bit of an unfashionable cause to be fighting for these days isnt it?

theres a hell of a lot of people who work with the mentally ill (as I do) who wouldn't be saying it was harmless or asking it to be legalised...and considering the vast majority of its consumers smoke it how can it be safer than tobacco or alcohol on a physical level? once taken into the lungs it's a poison so why would you wanna do that to yourself? im not saying everyone who smokes it is gonna go mad but there'll be a few thousand people in this country with brains affected permanently in an adverse way who i guarantee wish theyd never gone near the stuff

I've been saying this for years.

its quite feasible with cannabis as it could easily grown,havested, tested for quality, packaged and distributed by a govenment monitored agency all in this country.

which could quite possibly lead to tens of thousands of tax payng jobs, not to mention all the income from tax on the product itself.

It would be easy to introduce a whoppingly stiff penalty for those caught bringing unlicensed dope into the country. it would also curb those utter scumbags who lace their grass with silica and other weight increasing crap.

I reckon it would be much harder for other plant extract drugs though as the uk would have to buy it in from abroard, utterly feasible with e's as well.

Also methamphetamine, amphetamines, diazepam and steroids. I expect legalisations of drugs will take at least another decade, the trade will develop massively in the coming years, hydroponics could easily be used to manafacture both opium and coca.

Transferring production from South America and South West Asia to the consuming country would massively increase profits, the markup would be phenominal.

Cannabis in food is more effective and i find makes one less inclined to smoke, a few cannabis crisps or "sweets" in the pub come july 1st.

I must admit it saddens me to think the profits made through the trade of illegal drugs is spent on material objects and not spent things beneficial to society as a whole.

Maybe i should openly sell sell cannabis in town, until point of arrest and donate all proceeds to charity.

It needs to be highlited that tolerating a trade rather than prohibitng it is better for society as a hole.

Wasting the police's and court's time would not be the most sensible way to go about it, although it would draw attention to the matter.

The crime associated with the unregulated trade of drugs is one of the biggest problems Western society faces in the 2nd millenium IMO.

Most don't though mate. As I said, whatever floats your boat, but most smoke it with tobacco. You can't deny that!

most people mix it in a spliff which is the least effective way, but ive noticed smoking it in a pipe is becoming quite common

Also methamphetamine, amphetamines, diazepam and steroids. I expect legalisations of drugs will take at least another decade, the trade will develop massively in the coming years, hydroponics could easily be used to manafacture both opium and coca.

Transferring production from South America and South West Asia to the consuming country would massively increase profits, the markup would be phenominal.

Cannabis in food is more effective and i find makes one less inclined to smoke, a few cannabis crisps or "sweets" in the pub come july 1st.

I must admit it saddens me to think the profits made through the trade of illegal drugs is spent on material objects and not spent things beneficial to society as a whole.

Maybe i should openly sell sell cannabis in town, until point of arrest and donate all proceeds to charity.

It needs to be highlited that tolerating a trade rather than prohibitng it is better for society as a hole.

Wasting the police's and court's time would not be the most sensible way to go about it, although it would draw attention to the matter.

The crime associated with the unregulated trade of drugs is one of the biggest problems Western society faces in the 2nd millenium IMO.

So shall we deregulate the lot then?

Archived