Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

So, people didn't really die, then?

People die with 'legal highs' because the medical profession have no prior knowledge of them. Studies have been made on the effects of ecstacy and how it can be treated, but ecstacy is illegal. So people injest strange chemicals from China and the medical profession have no understanding of how to treat such a situation.

It is safer to take the illegal drugs, which is a vicous irony.

"Legal high kills two teens," cries the Daily Express. "Legal drug teen ripped his scrotum off," roars The Sun. A steady stream of stories in the UK media about a little-known "legal high" variously called mephedrone, plant food, miaow-miaow or m-cat reached fever pitch this month. Newspapers, teachers and parents demanded an immediate ban. Les Iversen, the UK government's chief drugs adviser, recommended that the drug be put in the same class as amphetamines, making possession punishable by five years in prison. The government is likely to announce plans for an emergency ban that could be enacted within days.

This knee-jerk response may be unsurprising, but what is far from clear is whether criminalisation is the right thing to do to reduce drug harms. While mephedrone has been implicated in at least 27 deaths in the UK, it has been confirmed present in just 11 of these cases and at the time of writing found to be a contributing factor in just one. There is virtually no published research on how the substance affects the human body. Iversen himself recently admitted that "there is no data on toxicity that I could find".

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18712-miaowmiaow-on-trial-truth-or-trumpedup-charges.html?full=true

All alcohol use has risks. Because alcohol is a drug the attendant risks of alcohol make it more dangerous than cannabis, according to doctors.

Thye 'Concise oxford Dictionary' definition of Alcohol :-

Alcohol (ethyl) colourless volatile inflammable liquid, intoxicant present in wine, beer, whisky etc.

2. Any liquor containing this.

3. (Chem) One of large class of compounds of same type as Ethyl alcohol

Note no mention of drug!

Some studies suggested (not proved) that in regular cannabis users, a small dose of cannabis prior to assuming control of the vehicle actually improved driving - although this is research that will have been carried out on a simulator for ethical reason.QUOTE]

So why have you posted it as it is not worth the paper it is written on.

It would have made more sense if you'd quoted the George Michael incident when he was high on cannabis

Oh no it will be much safer when everyone is a pot head/junkie where people fly their cars down the road and women give birth to babies already addicted to these oh so safe drugs.

We'll have reached utopia with your airline pilot trying to land your passenger plane anywhere.

Archived