Bevercotes road

Timbuck

Originally posted by Timbuck

When the snow and ice came (every winter)..we used to head for Bevercotes road...Co's that was a great road to sledge down..Does this practice still occur???.

i lived on bevercotes road do you remember when

we used slide down on airraid shelter tins

When the snow and ice came (every winter)..we used to head for Bevercotes road...Co's that was a great road to sledge down..Does this practice still occur???.

no its different road been opened years ago

now thy have closed it at the other end near the wharncliffe

you would not know firth park i think its rubbish

i live in rotherham now i lived at 92 bevercotes till 1960

imight know you you must be about my age 74

good luck

I used to live on Patmore Road, the steep cul de sac opposite the Wharncliffe. Now that was a scary ride, not being able to stop before skidding across Bevercotes and into the lock up garages.

Scooters in summer. sledges in winter.

Originally posted by Andyman

I used to live on Patmore Road, the steep cul de sac opposite the Wharncliffe. Now that was a scary ride, not being able to stop before skidding across Bevercotes and into the lock up garages.

Scooters in summer. sledges in winter.

me and my mate once rode down patmore road on a tandem

stiaght through a garage door them were the days

in the war years people nower days dont know what it was like in them days lives to easy for them now

all the best i might know you

Archived