Anyone remember going to Thornbridge Hall?

Hi

Wow can,t believe this popping up.I have looked online for this place but could never find a link.

I went to Limpsfield Middle School in the late 70,s and went there for week camping holidays and through the old railway tunnel as mentioned in one of the posts.

We also had a xmas party where we did a ballroom dancing theme and we had to play Kris cringle t the kids having a holiday there.

Thankyou for the link to the website

top stuff

andy m

http://youtube.com/70sheffieldlad

god i remember going there with southey green school.

we went once for a weekend and camped in the grounds and then year after (maybe two) we stayed for a week in the halls. both times if i remember correctly were an absolute scream, the only thing i didnt like was night time because of all the ghost stories that we were told especially seeing as though i was scared of the dark.

Went there for a week (well, a school week-mon to fri) in 1977 with Arbourthorne Junior School. I thought it was brilliant. It was the first time i'd been to the 'countryside' proper, and have been in love with the Peak District ever since.

It's on your doorstep, you lucky people. Get out there!

I went in 1977 with Athelstan school.

we went on a few hikes, through the old train tunnel and spent some time dredging round the pond for plant life to draw. Also did a day of Orienteering in a plantation nearby which was a good laugh.

The ghost story they toild us was that there had been a storm many years ago and some of the staff were injured and kille dwhen a tree fell on them. the victims were taken to the billiard room where they were layed out until undertaker could collect them.

While we were being told this there were all sorts of scary bangs and creaks, mostly instigated by our teachers I have to say

Went there for a weekend camping with Earl Marshal Youth Club. Also I'm certain I stayed there as part of the South Yorks Schools Athletics Team when the National Championships were held at Chesterfield in 1978. Those were the days.....

• 1 year later...
we went there once for a weekend with the school then later for a week.(shortbrook school).did you go?

what can you remember about it?

i can remember going to a market and collecting the circle bits of animal ears that they clipped :confused:

i can remember pot holeing in the dark

also there was a ghost in no7 room which i was in lol

anyone else go?

i went there with notre dame school for a wk in 1981.We did all sorts of stuff. we stayed in the lodge.it wa my first time away from home and it wa a bit scarey.Didnt like the outside phone box it wa always coverd in creepy crawleys.

i went with hucklow school for a week and did some acting the teacher filmed it it was about the headless men of shady lane i was one of the headless men that carried the coffin it was great, then i went back years later as security when the new owners took over

Went there on a Duke of Edinburgh award training course as a youth. We were given a tent, a pan of water and some food and told to live for a week! The shower blocks were out of bounds and we had to learn to cook really fast. We did some map reading, built camp fires and were told all about the ghost, smashing stuff. I tell you how long ago it was, the rubicks cube had just come out and some one completed it in their tent late one night, all you could hear was hysterical screams coming from their tent and we thought the ghost was murdering them, we were all crying like little girls!