Anyone remember Caroll Levis Discoveries

smary

Apparently Caroll Levis was the 1930's fame academy - my Dad tells me there used to be talent contests - he remembers someone called Jack Pygate winning - his stage name became Jack Stewart he used to sing in the Sheffield Pubs.

Many many, and I do mean many,years ago I worked with a lad called Les Jackson whose Mother and two elder Brothers worked the WMC circuit as a comedy act under the name of "Anne and her Two Snaps, and as the lads got older and Mum stood down, Tommy the elder was married to Sylvia and they became "Tommy Snapp and Sylvia, Charles the younger"Snap" retired, and Tommy and Sylvia were"Discovered" by Carrol Levis and in time became part of the organisation,appearing at the smaller theatres, the last time I saw them was at the Palace Attercliffe.

Les, mentioned above used to work the WMC's under the name of Les Lawrence as a singer and I used to travel with him to the various clubs.

The family also used to race greyhounds at the old Hyde Park track

I hope this of interest

Archived