Global Warming Poll - Man Made - Yes/No?

GLOBAL WARMING POLL-Man Made-Yes/No?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. GLOBAL WARMING POLL-Man Made-Yes/No?

• YES
    • NO

One thing for sure is that ch 4 would obtain max revenue advert-wise - confident, as they surely were, of high veiwing figures. (I guess humans are not too good at accepting responcibility for their **** ups). And, the millions of detractors would HAVE to watch this show.

We ALL would love to believe that this trend is just a cyclic event, that may or may not bump off a few seals.

Time will tell - though "I told you sos'" will ring hollow indeed...

Yes indeed, isn't it amazing that a sea of data put forward by scientists who believe GW has a human connection is ignored or denied - over years - by people who are not qualified to make such judgements, but when one single programme is made, collecting the handful of skeptical scientists from among the thousands - it is taken by the same people as the ultimate proof that all those thousands of scientists and their years of study are undoubtedly wrong.

Although it is possible the skeptics are right, it is interesting that so many people who have studiously ignored other scientists warnings, are now prepared to hang on the every word of the the skeptic scientists.

The whole thing says more about the human capacity for self-deception/wishful thinking, than it does GW.

:huh:

One thing for sure is that ch 4 would obtain max revenue advert-wise - confident, as they surely were, of high veiwing figures. The millions of detractors would'nt be able to resist a show that debunks climate change. (I guess humans are not too good at accepting responcibility for their **** ups).

We ALL would love to believe that this trend is just a cyclic event, that may or may not bump off a few seals.

Time will tell - though "I told you sos'" will ring hollow indeed...

Yep, CH4 need some funds since they lost there big Sponsor Carphone Warehouse after the Big Brother saga.

If you look back at Martin Durkin's film making career, he seems to use the same strategy, he knows some of his interviewees might complain about being taken out of context or that there may be some inaccuracies in his claims but the important thing for him is seems to be to get his message out to the masses.

He seems happy to take the probably expected flak, as long as he has managed to change even just one other human being to his way of thinking.

Case in point, Durkin says that the mistake was corrected by the second screening..... great but the programme has already been viewed by millions in the first screening!:huh:

Does your livelihood depend on the myth of manmade global warming?

I suspect there are many who do support the idea for that very reason. Our two main political parties have swallowed it and the path to power now depends on doing something about it - whatever govt. we get in UK will from now on have a blank cheque to raise taxes to combat GW.

And it seems the pro-CO2 alliance are now adopting the tactics of the animal rights nutters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=DOY2O3NETEMDFQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2007/03/11/ngreen211.xml

And it seems the pro-CO2 alliance are now adopting the tactics of the animal rights nutters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=DOY2O3NETEMDFQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2007/03/11/ngreen211.xml

5 death threats via e-mail ? Not pleasant to get a death threat via any means, however the cynical amongst might suggest that emails can come from any quarter.

Here's a conspiracy therory: Global Warming Skeptics disguising there identities, send leading Global warming Skeptic death threats via e-mail. Death threat story appears in media. Skeptics get sympathetic hearing.

Yes I know, it's wild speculation on my part, but it is possible.

Isnt this whole global warming just another excuse for the developed world to hinder the growth and development of the 3rd world by limiting their emission outputs? We had our chance, it was called the industrial revolution. To strangle the outputs of developing countries is not only unfair but grossly hypocritical

well said stormy.

the fact that many people would like to keep africa, china and india in the dark ages is foul.

there is as far as i've seen no solid conclusive proof that GW is entirely man made. it seems to me that certain people have no sense of perspective

Isnt this whole global warming just another excuse for the developed world to hinder the growth and development of the 3rd world by limiting their emission outputs? We had our chance, it was called the industrial revolution. To strangle the outputs of developing countries is not only unfair but grossly hypocritical

If they sincerely believe that 'All Will Die': then it's neither unfair nor hypocritical is it?

It's not necessarily 'just another excuse': it might actually be real.

Personally: I care not one toss. The Chinese and Americans will do as they please anyway: who's to stop them?

'We' can stop the third world amounting to anything by the usual methods: we don't need 'GW' ;)

If they sincerely believe that 'All Will Die': then it's neither unfair nor hypocritical is it?

It's not necessarily 'just another excuse': it might actually be real.

Personally: I care not one toss. The Chinese and Americans will do as they please anyway: who's to stop them?

'We' can stop the third world amounting to anything by the usual methods: we don't need 'GW' ;)

No my point is that they dont sincerely belive it. They are just using it as an excuse, therefore it is unfair and hypocritical.

No my point is that they dont sincerely belive it. They are just using it as an excuse, therefore it is unfair and hypocritical.

Well maybe so. But you don't know this: you just suspect it. Why would those who have power need to invent an entirely bogus GW catastrophy when they've been doing fine with the 'traditional' methods?

Don't you accept that it may actually be the case that those who own and control can see a genuine threat to their existence and dominion?

Well maybe so. But you don't know this: you just suspect it. Why would those who have power need to invent an entirely bogus GW catastrophy when they've been doing fine with the 'traditional' methods?

Don't you accept that it may actually be the case that those who own and control can see a genuine threat to their existence and dominion?

Its true and I do accept that there *might* be a possibility of our government, the US' government (who are coming around to this CC idea) and our European bretheren truly believing in this "genuine threat," but there is one reaason why I remain so skeptical (sp?) and that is because they refuse to enter into any reasonable debate. Anyone who dares question the scientists is immediatly shot down and ridiculed. If its such a real threat, why not have an open, public, cross party debate about it and let people make their own minds up?? If its so real, we shall see it for ourselves and we won't need a carrot or a stick.

But instead all I see is more taxes for us and more strangleholds on the 3rd world who we are supposed to be helping out of poverty.

*click*

Archived