Global Warming Poll - Man Made - Yes/No?

GLOBAL WARMING POLL-Man Made-Yes/No?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. GLOBAL WARMING POLL-Man Made-Yes/No?

• YES
    • NO

just a thought but a(non)money back guarantee that if we did all the things they ask and gw is still occurring in say 5years time shouldnt they then realise that we cant make a difference?or at least WE would know we cant!(not saying we dont already but.....)

Skeptic death threats via e-mail. Death threat story appears in media. Skeptics get sympathetic hearing.

Yes I know, it's wild speculation on my part, but it is possible.

It amazes me how many people are tossed about like corks on a sea by the media. 'The truth is out there' - or is it?

Your speculation is not at all wild Kingmaker2, of course the emails could have been sent by anybody , just to discredit the truth; as you know, it wouldn't be the first time that such tactics have been used - as anyone with any insight into the realities of modern life knows.

Although it is possible the skeptics are right, it is interesting that so many people who have studiously ignored other scientists warnings, are now prepared to hang on the every word of the the skeptic scientists.

The whole thing says more about the human capacity for self-deception/wishful thinking, than it does GW.

It would be laughable, Donkey, if it wasn't so tragic.

Im confused? I'm assuming that this thread is giving us the option to decide if global warming is 'mans fault' or natural causes?

Surely the answer is YES, or am i missing something?

Yeah, I'm confused too.

Kingmaker - I'm loving your work, but there's a bigger issue here.

Surely, the point is that we are using Earth's resources unsustainably and will eventually be left with a big pile of rubbish.

Are we contributing to climate change?

Probably, our best science suggests so.

Are we ruining the planet?

Oh yes, without a doubt.

Should we do something about it?

If you care about the future of the human race - hell yeah.

Should you use the excuse that we can't PROVE that we are contributing to 'global warming' to be lazy and refuse to accept your responsibility as a contributor to the world's demise?

Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Two leading UK climate researchers have criticised those among their peers who they say are "overplaying" the global warming message.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/6460635.stm

Which won't do their careers a lot of good in the current climate of hysteria :)

Noticed this today too...

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/climate_change/article2362745.ece

Archived