Gone Fishin`...

First time i went fishing was 3 or so years ago with my dad. Got a rod for about 5quid, that slides out like a long stick, bought a bag of 20 hooks (which i still have) for a further small fee, and i caught 2 catfish!! Didn't eat or kill them because they're poisenous or something??

Only took 20 minutes aswell

First time i went fishing was 3 or so years ago with my dad. Got a rod for about 5quid, that slides out like a long stick, bought a bag of 20 hooks (which i still have) for a further small fee, and i caught 2 catfish!! Didn't eat or kill them because they're poisenous or something??

Only took 20 minutes aswell

Well done, and have you been since ?

Im starting a new hobby.

The last time I went fishing was in 1974 or 5 when I was a lad, I ended up swimming across Dam Flask because... well because I was bored out of my tiny skull basically.

The other morning, I climbed from my pit and decided that I was a fishing freak, I LOVE fishing, and was about to go out and try to buy all the kit I need.

Trouble is, I dont have a clue WHAT I need!

When we went into Sheffield the other week, I noticed that fishing rods are different. Theyre called Poles now and are about three miles long and you dont have to cast and theres no reel or anything.

So I emailed me old mucker John Wilson for advice, and hes got tons of stuff that he doesnt use so hes calling by tonight to drop it all off.

Hopefully, my bro in law Dave, John and a few others are going to be setting off on a fishing trip soon and Im gonna invite myself!

The lucky sods are going to have me for company.

heh

Anyone else on SF into splodging?

better be careful or the greenies'll have us, but yes for my sins ,i do like to get my takle out by the water , not very good at it though but just enjoy being out in the open,

normally i feeder or leger fish,as i don't like work,much easier to let your takle do it :hihi: :hihi:

Well done, and have you been since ?

Unfortunatly no :(

The rod is lying around somewhere, but its brilliant considering it cost next to nothing.

My 'mini projects' and hobbies tend to be many but last little time.

If I dont catch anything I wont mind. The idea of sitting next to a body of water in the peace and quiet appeals to me so Ill probably soil myself if that float starts to waggle.

As for the greenies... I hear they like to wander along the bank and wreck peoples fishing...

Im an extremely violent man so that also appeals to me.

heh heh

Unfortunatly no :(

The rod is lying around somewhere, but its brilliant considering it cost next to nothing.

My 'mini projects' and hobbies tend to be many but last little time.

Same as Jabbers then. I believe he may have gone today as it "all been quiet on the Western Front" :gag: I think it will all be a "flash in the pan".;)

My other half also thinks its a flash in the pan, and told me this morning that shes not going to allow me to spend too much money on this until I can PROVE to her that the kit isnt all going to end up in a corner collecting dust, like the weights kit, the telescope, and the other electrical and mechanical stuff Ive gathered over the years that I became bored with in under a week.

She tells me that I remind her of Toad of toad hole, I become rabid over something, and live, sleep and breathe it for a day or so before becoming bored to death with it.

This is different though, Im going to stick with this, and Ive seen some brilliant black fishing coats with hoods and tons of pockets!

On Saturday when we go to either Bennetts or to the shop in Derby, Im going to be taking as much cash as Julie allows me to take and Im going to get stuff.

Oh yesssss...

My other half also thinks its a flash in the pan, and told me this morning that shes not going to allow me to spend too much money on this until I can PROVE to her that the kit isnt all going to end up in a corner collecting dust, like the weights kit, the telescope, and the other electrical and mechanical stuff Ive gathered over the years that I became bored with in under a week.

She tells me that I remind her of Toad of toad hole, I become rabid over something, and live, sleep and breathe it for a day or so before becoming bored to death with it.

This is different though, Im going to stick with this, and Ive seen some brilliant black fishing coats with hoods and tons of pockets!

On Saturday when we go to either Bennetts or to the shop in Derby, Im going to be taking as much cash as Julie allows me to take and Im going to get stuff.

Oh yesssss...

Dont forget, Bennetts have Mail Order as well.Id stick to Derby, you might get mobbed in Sheffield. :help:

Archived