Chips or no chips?

mcgarry

Just wondering what peoples opinions were on going out for lunch in the city centre, most places i know serve all of their lunch meals with chips, now is this what people want?

Would you the paying customer prefer the choice or paying extra for chips or do you love them too much and want them on your plate any way?

i personally always take the option of new potatoes/ mash potatoes/ jacket potatoes if its available

Does anyone do this?

What about the homemade chunky chips?

Would people prefer their meals without a potato part and pay extra if they wanted one?

or do you see more value when it comes in the price?

Im a big fan of chips, but i prefer my home made chips, even chippys cant do chips these days, an when u go to eat out they are sometimes still abit hard, many a time from KFC in Meadowhell.

Too be honest though, if your eating out and you get a glimpse of who is cooking in the kitchen, there mostly young people, and im only 22 myself, but i think id prefer someone who has got a bit more experience with food.

Its funny, our canteen at work has a couple of options each day and always chips. I always think its like school dinners (when i was at school) but they wouldn't get away with serving it in a school anymore.

REAL Chips are great but I would much prefer veg and a different type of potatoe if the only other option is frozen tasteless rubbish. They are just there to fill up the plate - cheaply....

Archived