Cunning as a fox

KIWI

My wife of nearly fifty years and who l love dearly,says that l'm a senile old fool,because,when l get back to Sheffield in July, l want to visit some of my old haunts.What do you think?

l maybe getting on a little, not too sure of my age but will admit to 72 years,might be a bit older as my adopted parents found me in a cabbage patch behind the greyhound track at Darnall and was raised in my formative weeks, months or years by caterpillars,not the common white but by the red admiral lava(not that l'm a snob) Anyway by the time l was found l was already crawling, so my age is uncertain.

My daughter however(bless her) says l'm as cunning as a fox because my wife caters for my every need due to my senility (cunning as a fox, l ask you,being chased by dogs and living in a hole in the ground)

Anyway the point of this thread, is,can anyone tell me if the cabbage patch is still there or has it been built on

Go back to the UK & have your nostalgic trip Kiwi ,you will enjoy every minute.

I had not been home to the UK from Oz for 23years but did so in 2001 & honestly loved every minute. I returned to the St I was born in & visited my childhood haunts & hangouts even visited family graves. Its the best holiday I ever had.

A couple of years later I was diagnosed with lung cancer & had a terrible time of it for a year or so. I was very glad that I had returned to the UK previously because I didnt know if I was going to survive the cancer.

I am planning another trip in the not too distant future & honestly felt my first trip was worth every penny.I still say you can take the girl out of Yorkshire but you cant take the Yorkshire out of the girl. I cant tell anyone how I felt whilst standing on the Yorkshire Moors etc.

If you can afford the trip GO.

Janet Olsen

Archived