Cooper Brothers Sheffield

sandie

I have just found a box of 6 knifes manufactured by Cooper Brothers Sheffield. I have tried to find a background to the company. They are in the original box and it was past to me by my dad who worked in the steel industry in the 60,s/70's.

Thanks

I have just found a box of 6 knifes manufactured by Cooper Brothers Sheffield. I have tried to find a background to the company. They are in the original box and it was past to me by my dad who worked in the steel industry in the 60,s/70's.

Thanks

Cooper Brothers last factory still stands on Arundel Street its near to the Howard St end of the Lane, I believe its being turned into flats. I worked there for a short time back in the seventies, they merged with Frank Cobb on Broad St and became Cooper - Cobb but that factory has gone. British Silverware on Windsor St near Norfolk Bridge bought them out and B.S. still use Coopers marks.

• 5 months later...

Worked at Coopers from 1971 then Cooper-Cobb until 1992. Worked in cutlers shop so probably had a hand in making those knives. The Cooper building was Arundel street not Arundel lane. It was part demolished and turned into the science park with the front of the building incorporated.

Cooper Brothers last factory still stands on Arundel Lane its near to the Howerd St end of the Lane, I believe its being turned into flats. I worked there for a short time back in the seventies, they merged with Frank Cobb on Broad St and became Cooper - Cobb but that factory has gone. British Silverware on Windsor St near Norfolk Bridge bought them out and B.S. still use Coopers marks.

Which shop did you work in Lazarus? Do you remember the Christmas booze up in the Globe when we had broke up for the hols? Happy days.

Which shop did you work in Lazarus? Do you remember the Christmas booze up in the Globe when we had broke up for the hols? Happy days.

I only worked there for a few months and I worked knee polishing spoon and forks on the ground floor looking out on to Arundel St

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived