Golliwogs - love 'em or hate 'em?

I had a golliwog when I was young ,I loved it carried around with me all the time.In fact It went all over the world with me .By the time I had my child it had got lost I searched high and low for another one and spotted one in a little shop in firth park I went in and bought it straight away and my child loved it too ,we still have it .

For me I don't see it as just a doll it's what it symbolises.
Yeah... doll-ness, some people are just taking it stupidly too far, especially the black sheep one. The funny thing is, the people who it is supposed to be offensive too, are hardly that bothered about it anymore. Infact when I was at college last year, pretty much half of the class I was in wasn't white, we always had racial banter, throughout the two years, and whenever these dolls came up, all of the class said ''just a doll, some prats chose to make it offensive, means nothing to me''

For me I don't see it as just a doll it's what it symbolises.

another left wing trendy:hihi::hihi: get over yourself its a doll, kids dont care what you think it symbolises:loopy: in fact if the PC lot shut up about this and that there would be less bad feeling on a lot of subjects to do with race! all you do is fuel the fire, poking your noses in here there and everywhere:mad:

Its a doll thats all,and if your signature is anything to go by your English is sadly lacking IT`s A DOLL why has race got to come into everything:huh::huh:

It's a caricature whose shortened name has been used as a racially abusive term, which is why some people consider it offensive. Surely that is not so hard to grasp?

Archived