Golliwogs - love 'em or hate 'em?

I think I have one somewhere inherited from my grandparents. The symbolism is fairly harmless in most circumstances, but there are exceptions....

This for example shows the symbolism being used in an offensive rather than harmless nostalgic way:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/465772/Angel-faced-racist-aged-12-Girl-burns-golly-at-BNP-fun-day.html

A group of immature, slightly drunk men set fire to a woolen doll :|

if it was a black person i would understand the fuss.

A group of immature, slightly drunk men set fire to a woolen doll :|

if it was a black person i would understand the fuss.

I guess you didn't read the article?

It was a 12 year old girl that put the golliwog named Winston on the fire after a mock trial where he was convicted of being "black".

Ohh and if you doubt the events happened, watch the video.

I guess you didn't read the article?

It was a 12 year old girl that put the golliwog named Winston on the fire after a mock trial where he was convicted of being "black".

Ohh and if you doubt the events happened, watch the video.

Immature drunkenness, but hey, what can ya do?

Go undercover at Labour gatherings in working mens clubs for long enough and you will find "racism" of some sort.

BNP people are Labour people you know, working class people who are fed up of Labour ignoring them on immigration.

Immature drunkenness, but hey, what can ya do?

Go undercover at Labour gatherings in working mens clubs for long enough and you will find "racism" of some sort.

BNP people are Labour people you know, working class people who are fed up of Labour ignoring them on immigration.

I guess James Dowson's 3 in a bed shenanigans in Blackpool was just immature drunkeness too?

Still the BNP are going from strength to strength aren't they? the latest purges will make them leaner fitter and better equipped to fleece the membership of their money.

:hihi:

• 1 year later...

Archived