Baldwin family history

Birty

I have been doing my family history on my dad's side (Baldwin). His mum (Jennie) and dad (Walter Arthur) split up and Walter Arthur has not been heard of. I just wondered if anyone out there knew of a Walter Arthur Baldwin born 1889 and married in 1910, had 3 children Madge, Eric and Cyril who Jennie brought up and for some years lived with Walter's brother Tom.

I cannot trace anything on the Ancestry site only his WW1 army record where he served in France in the Yorks and Lancs regiment.

Thanks for your help.

Hi There

I cannot find any reference to a Walter Baldwin but my grandmother was Jessie Baldwin (nee Dawes) born 1891. Her father was Henry Septimus Baldwin and she had to my knowledge one brother, Henry Dawes Baldwin. Hope this is of some help

• 3 years later...

Hi Birty - im not sure if you're still subscribed here or not but i think i can help you out here, - Cyril's son Peter is my nephew's grandfather.

Walter Arthur Baldwin was born 4 Nov 1888, Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire, England - he died 1970, Sheffield, Yorkshire, England and was married in 1910, Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire, England to Jennie Middleton. His parents were Walter Arthur Baldwin (1856-1924) & Emma Elizabeth Astill (abt 1854-1919), he was one of 11 children.

Jennie was born 30 Jun 1892, Sheffield, Yorkshire, England and died 1973, Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Their 4 children were:

Walter R Baldwin 1911-1911

Marjorie Baldwin 1915-?

Thomas E Baldwin (who i suspect was Thomas Eric Baldwin) 1917-1975 - although they have his year of birth wrong on the death record at ancestry.com

Cyril Baldwin 1919-1988

If you do a quick search on ancestry.com you'll see there are 2 people that link to Cyril under the public member trees section - they have the Baldwin's dating back to the late 1600's

regards

Richard Anderson

Wellington, New Zealand

Archived