Tales of John Botros

windy

dr botros was my doctor for many years he had a surgery on city rd as well as attercliffe,he shared with a dr taylor.

i believe his daughter was on tv in please sir.

botros is buried in city rd cemetary near wall at bottom manor fields side

yes dave he was .then after getting married and living down carbrook we went with mcloughlin.later on we flitted up hackenthorpe and moved to mcloughlins surgery on duke st

Hi Jack,previous answer also says his surgery was on Attercliffe,thought i could remember going with mum.

heyup daved my recollection of labib botros was when the mother-in-law who lived on carltonville rd collapse we had run into the surgery and ask him to come posthaste which he did,but it was to late she had pass away! i think he was also good for a sick note,if you know what mean.i always visit his grave when in city rd cemetery and ponder awhile.seems a lifetime ago.

heyup daved my recollection of labib botros was when the mother-in-law who lived on carltonville rd collapse we had run into the surgery and ask him to come posthaste which he did,but it was to late she had pass away! i think he was also good for a sick note,if you know what mean.i always visit his grave when in city rd cemetery and ponder awhile.seems a lifetime ago.

Yes cliffelad that sounds like the man i knew,my mum thought the world of him,i think it must have been the wonder slimming pills he prescribed,never lost much weight but she was always in a good mood while she was taking them!

hello dave yes he did have a surgery but it was at carbrook opposite lambpool pub on top of jansen st .opposite was carletonville st on corner was a chip shop then a little sweet shop . actually the bloke who ran the sweet shop used to play in a old time group and they played at mine and hazels wedding.anyway botroses surgery was next door to the sweet shop then carbrook school

which ones you then Hilsbro
I was actually in a different class in the first year. We were both in 2(4) in the second year but "Jock" Mackay (head of science) only took class photos every 3-4 years. Here is John Botros four years later.
hello dave yes he did have a surgery but it was at carbrook opposite lambpool pub on top of jansen st .opposite was carletonville st on corner was a chip shop then a little sweet shop...
Here is a scan from a 1960s directory showing Labib Botros' surgery and adjacent properties on Attercliffe Common. Dr Botros died aged 78 in 1976.

• 1 year later...
Anyone have tales of John Botros? Went to King Edwards school in the late 50`s. Trained as a solicitor and set up a business in Bakewell for a time in the 80`s?

Wanna know about John Botros. I met him in 1977 and have known him and all about his various escapades ever since. Cannot put what I know on this forum for legal reasons. But if you wanna know the full truth, just send me a private message.

Edited by Lord Lucan
Wrong date