The Prostate Gland

Like Pattricia says, unless it's a rampaging nightmare of a Prostate problem it's not something that pops up as an issue until a man is older.

I'm in my mid 40s and as far as I know it's still quite happy. :)

To be blunt, most men are more likely to get sexual problems due to narrowing of the blood vessels of the penis due to general cardio-vascular health problems. I think this is the most common cause of erectile dysfunction in men beyond the 30s. Much of this is a lifestyle thing - smoking, poor diet, etc.

Also diabetes can have an effect with obese men.

Generally, I think it's more likely that you'll find these issues a problem with your prospective partners than Prostate problems.

what a nice, informed reply done in a very mature way, thank you Joe

• 3 years later...

I'm due to have a prostate biopsy soon. After talking to a few men who have had this procedure i'm not too worried, but none of them were on warfarin as i am. The warfarin is a long term thing owing to a heart condition. I wondered if anyone on the forum new of anyone who has been in a similar situation.

I'm due to have a prostate biopsy soon. After talking to a few men who have had this procedure i'm not too worried, but none of them were on warfarin as i am. The warfarin is a long term thing owing to a heart condition. I wondered if anyone on the forum new of anyone who has been in a similar situation.

Your GP or hospital consultant will answer this question.

Archived