Kids and Pubs?

genevieve

Alcohol free is 0.01% alcohol. Low alcohol is 0.1%.

Kaliber and similar low alcohol drinks are usually just under the 1% mark, but it's still alcohol.

Under 18s can only have soft drinks. You can buy some bottled shandys but again, if they have any alcohol then they are unsuitable for the under 18s.

There's no law about how much beer can go in a shandy though. Traditionally it can be half and half, but if the customer wants more lemonade then that's OK. It needn't be measured.

• 5 years later...

I went in the Rising Sun on Abbey Lane, it was lunchtime and the wife and I wanted something to eat. We generally use Ember Inns as they have a policy of 'no children under 14'. As the Rising Sun is an Ember Inn, we thought we'd give it a try ... kids running around the bar area, when I asked about the no kids policy, the woman behind the bar just shrugged and walked off. They shouldn't advertise this fact if they are not going to enforce the policy.

Well there you go - they're 'inns', which traditionally means they are the equivalent of 'bars' - so I'd lay money on her licence not allowing kids under 14 on the premises

Take it up with the brewery or licencing authority if you feel strongly enough about it :)

Archived