Review of The Sanctuary after meal today

Following on from the thread here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2053166#post2053166

I booked to go to The Sanctuary today for mothers day. So I thought I'd do a little review.

We arrived for our booking just before 1pm and there was no-one else there except us (and the staff) But other people soon arrived just after us.

The decor is modern and the surroundings were very relaxing, with some background music playing.

We were served immediately by the staff and they took our food order straight away. The staff were polite and helpful.

The menu was a sunday lunch set menu, with 2 options for starters mains and dessert.

The starter options were slightly limited, my Mum is a vegitarian and it was either crabcakes (she doesn't eat fish/shellfish) or yorkshire puddings with beef gravy (cant have beef garvy:( ).

My mum ended up having yorkshire puddings with salad???!:huh:

But I had the crabcakes and I have to say they were very nice indeed:thumbsup:

I would suggest though a better option would have been a soup starter. Maybe a lentil soup or butternut squash. Its so easy to make a fresh batch and can be frozen and reheated for each person. It could be served with some warm bread....mmmmm -

So I was a little disappointed with the choices for starters.

The main course was either stuffed mushrooms (veggie option) or beef roast. Can't complain here, only, the vegitarian dish could have done with some sauce for the mash potato and broccoli (maybe a cheese sause or something like that?)

For dessert it was either poached pear and icecream, or cheesecake.

My dad and I had the cheesecake and it was absolutley GORGEOUS!:D

My mum and my husband had the poached pear and also said it was very good.

We finished with coffee (tea for me).

Again the service was good - very efficient and not too 'in your face'.

For the 3 course's it cost £10.95 per person but my Mum got hers for free:o :thumbsup:

On the thread (link above) it mentions something about a 'gift for the mum from The Sanctuary'. When I queried this it seemed there was a mistake as the gift was going to be a special dessert, but the delivery for this hadn't come in from the suppliers, so instead they gave us 2 vouchers for 20% off our next meal with them.

Overall, I was very happy with the place. The food was good and simple, not too complicated and not trying to be pretentious - just how I like it.

The only area I think they should look at is the choice of starters.

Overall, I thought it was very good value for money and I'll certainly be back again in the future.

Thumbs up to The Sanctuary.:thumbsup:

Jen x

Thanks. I will try it, as its in a nice place when youre shopping.

I certainly would try it.

I've been looking through their set menu and it all sounds very good. Might even go for my birthday next month.

Archived