Mysterious Buildings

derek

I was told that the concrete sub station on Charter Row was specially designed so that in case of an explosion the roof which is weaker than the reinforced walls would lift off skywards.

I hope this info makes everyone feel safer as they pass this monstrous looking effigy to the power board.

I certainly do not feel any safer but then I will be a million miles away.

• 7 years later...
I was told that the concrete sub station on Charter Row was specially designed so that in case of an explosion the roof which is weaker than the reinforced walls would lift off skywards.

I hope this info makes everyone feel safer as they pass this monstrous looking effigy to the power board.

I certainly do not feel any safer but then I will be a million miles away.

Wouldn't fancy being underneath it when it landed, though...

A recent thread on the forum about tunnels diverged a bit into the area of mysterious and sinister buildings around Sheffield.

Let's start a new thread on the subject!

I'll start the ball rolling by asking if any one knows what that great concrete block of a building at the bottom of Charter row is? the one without any windows, just vertical slots in the walls. Any suggestions

l believe it houses entrance to undergound tunel leading to the once Shewsbury Hospital[a shot in the dark:hihi::hihi::] there is someone in the t]Town Hall has a key ARFER MO PS NOT LIVING IN SHEFILD for a god many years whereabouts is the bot of Charter row?

The old house (formerly a school clinic) on Broughton Road Owlerton was alwaysa a mysterious house to me, particularly when I saw a ghost there when I was a kid.

The place was empty for years, I wonder what happened to it these days.

Is there anyone out there that knows anything about the place?

Happy Days!

same as what happens to all lovely buildings property developers. It got converted into appartments about 7 years ago:(

Archived