Santinos On Ecclesall Road

mattyme

I'm quite sad to hear it's gone down hill. Was once the place me and girls used to meet up cos' it wasn't too expensive and the food was always good. Hope the new managers are not banking on the reputation of the old place to keep them going - there's certainly enough competition around there.

I went to Santinos a few months ago for a friend's birthday and was really impressed with the food but like a few people have said, the service was terrible. There were only 2 waitresses on and it took at least 15 minutes for them to take our orders and trying to catch the eye of someone was virtually impossible despite the fact that it wasn't busy when we arrived.

Once the meal was finished we asked for the bill whilst we had our coffee and the waitress seemingly went off to get it but 20 mins later she had not returned and seemed to have disappeared, we then asked the other waitress who looked rushed off her feet and she apologised saying that the other one had gone on her break. I found this pretty sloppy and rude to just bugger off when people are waiting. We ended up spending something like 3 hours in there which is crazy!

i went there last year due to good reports we'd heard..

wasn't that impressed, waited ages to order and for the meal to arrive which i can only call average..

might have been expecting too much from the hype but i dont think we will be going there again..

We went over the weekend, having not seen the bad reviews on here!

We got our drinks as soon as we sat down and our starters soon after we ordered (which were OK, but I have had better food elsewhere). The mains were less than brilliant, I found bits of shell in my risotto (which shouldn't have had any fish in it, being vegetarian!) and my friends well-done steak was almost raw, we can only assume someone at another table got hers!

Once the main courses arrived no one came to check it was ok, or to see if we wanted more drinks. When they finally cleared our plates we sat for about 20 minutes before being offered the dessert menu, then for another 20 waiting for it. It never appeared as the staff were too busy standing round the bar chatting, so we went up to the bar to pay and left. Won't be going again!

Archived