The Barrow Pub???

jake

A friend of mine has very vague memmories of his first trip to Sheffield in the mid 80s (before a trip to Rebels) involving a pub called the Barrow - which seemed to be full of skinheads and other folk of a slightly right wing bent and a bit of argy bargy ensued. I cannot recall a pub of that name - anyone else ever heard of it?

A friend of mine has very vague memmories of his first trip to Sheffield in the mid 80s (before a trip to Rebels) involving a pub called the Barrow - which seemed to be full of skinheads and other folk of a slightly right wing bent and a bit of argy bargy ensued. I cannot recall a pub of that name - anyone else ever heard of it?

I can recall a pub called barrowboys near the markets

I think that must have been the one - he said it was near Castle Market. I vaguely remember Rebels briefly opening up a bar round there - maybe it was the same one?

Did anyone ever go in the Barrowboys? what was it like?

my then best mate had her "wedding reception" in there, back in 1984 (in reality, a few drinks after the ceremony)

the reception lasted longer than the marriage!!! (it wasn't that bad a place, really, it just looked rough from outside!)

definitely the barrowboys

it was under the bridge round the corner from rebels

i never actually went in, too busy getting chased by adolph and the crew round the markets never mind going in the same pub :P mind u i have seen him in the wap at least once

definitely the barrowboys

it was under the bridge round the corner from rebels

i never actually went in, too busy getting chased by adolph and the crew round the markets never mind going in the same pub :P mind u i have seen him in the wap at least once

That'd make sense - my friend & his mates had come up from Nottingham for a night at Rebels - heard some loud music and decided to go into the pub only to find it full of skins, a punk girl with them decided to point out the error of the skins right wing ways and a full benny hill style chase ensured (except a bit more violent) ...

Archived