The Barrow Pub???

jake

Very new to the whole forum game so please bear with me........used to frequent the barrowboys pub under commercial street when i was only 15 and looked 14! very nice barmaid in there called Jill i think. there were pool tables and old style video games to the right hand side of the bar and in the left hand corner there was a video game with a bear in it and you had to collect crystals or something. Oh how i wish for those days back when 2 pints would leave me wobbling.........never had a problem with the skins though......a good friend of mine used to go out with the **** o the skins...Bambi he was called..so he left us alone

• 6 months later...
A friend of mine has very vague memmories of his first trip to Sheffield in the mid 80s (before a trip to Rebels) involving a pub called the Barrow - which seemed to be full of skinheads and other folk of a slightly right wing bent and a bit of argy bargy ensued. I cannot recall a pub of that name - anyone else ever heard of it?

there was one in wincobank used to called the rialway but change name then all the queer ones went in end of ecclesfield road

That was called the barrowhouse, it was not and never ever been called the railway. It used to be the engineers, then the dallas bar when it was owned by a gay bloke. It was then opened as the barrow house but is now demolished. The railway is under the bridge from that pub

That was called the barrowhouse, it was not and never ever been called the railway. It used to be the engineers, then the dallas bar when it was owned by a gay bloke. It was then opened as the barrow house but is now demolished. The railway is under the bridge from that pub

my apoligy railway is under the bridge yes it was called the engineers

definitely the barrowboys

it was under the bridge round the corner from rebels

i never actually went in, too busy getting chased by adolph and the crew round the markets never mind going in the same pub :P mind u i have seen him in the wap at least once

you mean adele,had a brother called fareed,cant remember his sisters name,but she went out with "sonny" he was a ted,she a punk.

Archived