Akbar's Pakistani Restaurant

Patrick1346

Oooh, you learn something new everyday.

I won't ask what "bain chord" is. :rolleyes: .

Best not. I'll get banned again for using that language :D

Anyway back to Akbars.

I now have the answer to indian or pakistsanni. I was so pigged off at the anul argument I rang and asked.

They are pakistanni for what it's worth so that's the end of that argument.

Regardless of the country they come from I still want to say it's a great restaurant and thanks to Fammi (spelling ?) the waiter who was more than nice. :thumbsup:

Best not. I'll get banned again for using that language :D

Anyway back to Akbars.

I now have the answer to indian or pakistsanni. I was so pigged off at the anul argument I rang and asked.

They are pakistanni for what it's worth so that's the end of that argument.

Regardless of the country they come from I still want to say it's a great restaurant and thanks to Fammi (spelling ?) the waiter who was more than nice. :thumbsup:

hear hear. great food. yeah i had another chat with myi nstructor today on my lesson. he said they are advertised as an indian restaurant, but because many indian restaurants and takeaways ran by pakistanis they tend to be called pakistani really, as the foods are that similar the lines kinda merge together. i didnt realise it was an argument lol and sorry if i pigged anyone off? (never heard the phrase before). but like you said heres to a great restaurant and i will be back again. excellent service!

l

i didnt realise it was an argument lol and sorry if i pigged anyone off? (never heard the phrase before).

but like you said heres to a great restaurant and i will be back again. excellent service!

Only used pigged as I didn't think I would get away with ussing 'ss' where I used 'gg' :D

(slaps own botty for being rude).

Anyone up for a unofficial forum din dins at this super duper restaurant ?

Likely to work out at about £15 a head for a 2 course meal.

I went to Akbars on saturday night and got there at 6 and did not have to wait at all so if you get there early you will be fine and it was absolutly beautifull there nans are masive will definatly be going again would definatly recermend it.

Its a great place to eat!

**the indication that its authentic......... well asian people eat there, thats (Indian/Pakistani namely those people from the Indian sub continent) . They have held numerous asian weddings/functions at the restaurant. Its the same with Chinese and turkish places if you see turkish/chinese people eating there you know its going to be authentic and good!

** The owners are Pakistani but the restaurant is Indian. Traditionally restaurants run by people from the asian subcontinent were always called 'Indian'. Maybe thats beacuse in Colonial India before 1947/1977 Pakistan/Bangladesh did not exist independently, and it encompasses the whole 'Indian Subcontinent'.

8 out of 10 'Indian restaurants are run by people of Bangladeshi descent. The rest are Indian /Pakistani/Gujarati etc.http://www.click4bricklane.co.uk/8.html

The food is almost the same, same ingredients, spices etc, the differences are their demographic specialities ie

Bangladeshi-fish-rice dishes

Gujarati- Vegetables

Pakistani-Kashmiri dishes

ohh and most asians have never had certain vindaloo or tikka masala dishes, they have been changed or developed for the british pallette and arn't neccessarily authentic !

etc

I noticed lots of asians when I went. As shararti said if you see lots of people eating at a place from the same ethnic group as the restaurant it's a good bet it's A, authentic and B, good food.

I loved the place and the staff were great as well.

By the way shararti., love the avatar :D

Salaam

Archived