Akbar's Pakistani Restaurant

Patrick1346

• 1 month later...

First time to the sheffield forum, so Hi...

In regards to Akbars, in my experience the food is hit and miss, (coming from an Indian backround i supopose i can appreciate indian food), i though the naan bread was poor, if your intollorent to baking powder then your gonna be on the toilette the whole night....:D.

....About Indian food in general, i agree with previous posters, the majority of them are owned by Pakistani and Bengalis and that food comes from the Punjab provice (Pakistani and Kashmere), an area overlaping both India and Pakistan, so its natural the food is going to be similar.

If you guys like real Indian food, i cant recommend highly enough Sikkimese steamed momos (pork wontons), and butter chicken from kerala...its to bad a few south Indian restaurants are based in London...

• 1 month later...

I would give this place a miss!

They accept reservations for tables over the phone

When you arrive and wait over one hour and a half for a table you are told they dont accept bookings!

When you finaly get a table you cant read the menu coz its too dark (good way of hiding all manner of things)

All the food is very hot and spicy even that what is normally mild in other establishments of simular type.

Try Vj's instead far superior in every way

I went again with a friend just before I left the area and was very happy with the place, the staff and the people.

The food was great and the bill small.

Serevi - you sound like a mate of mine called Rakesh from york. Poor sods a veggy but has developed intollorence to various bits and bobs that is making choosing food a problem. At least he won't end up a fat slob like me. :D

Anyway welcome to the forum from south east asia. :)

The thing that has now put me off ever going there isn't tales of the food or the staff or the service, it was the 2 large piles of broken car window glass I saw on the road outside where people park, last Sunday morning as I drove past:(. The restaurant is unfortunately opposite one of Rotherham's many sprawling council estates. Although I realise this can happen anywhere, it's an unfortunate location - and I felt so sorry for the car owners coming out of the restaurant of a Saturday night after a really nice meal to find their cars all smashed up.:cry:

Akbars would do well to clean this up in a heartbeat - as that alone has put me off ever going there:shakes:.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived