The Woodside Lads & Lasses of the 60s and 70s

There are a few interesting threads about Pitsmoor and its past on here and thought I would try and group together part of the old residents on here.

Did you live in Woodside part of pitsmoor during the good old days of the 60s and early 70s.

If you lived the other side of Rock Street, towards Burngreave then yoiu were foreigners to us so we will keep this Woodside based.

Like to hear from the lads now in there late 40s and early 50s now and Girls, feel free to PM if you do want your ID on here.

There are a few interesting threads about Pitsmoor and its past on here and thought I would try and group together part of the old residents on here.

Did you live in Woodside part of pitsmoor during the good old days of the 60s and early 70s.

If you lived the other side of Rock Street, towards Burngreave then yoiu were foreigners to us so we will keep this Woodside based.

Like to hear from the lads now in there late 40s and early 50s now and Girls, feel free to PM if you do want your ID on here.

I was born in woodside lane 1952 bit earlier than your 60s 70s days . we were moved out in 1957 called "Slum Clearance" we lived at the bottom of woodfold lane oposite the woodman pub. moved back to the area when they regenerated verdon street area

I was born in woodside lane 1952 bit earlier than your 60s 70s days . we were moved out in 1957 called "Slum Clearance" we lived at the bottom of woodfold lane oposite the woodman pub. moved back to the area when they regenerated verdon street area

And now you live in Mallorca.......Good move.

Woodside has been cleared once more which lasted just 40 years.

I do worry about the old school though as I would hate to see that go.

And now you live in Mallorca.......Good move.

Woodside has been cleared once more which lasted just 40 years.

I do worry about the old school though as I would hate to see that go.

what old school ? the only one i remember is woodside lane junior and infant scool but i am sure that was demolished years ago at least i thought it was it was just below rugby street last time i was in uk i thought that was a trading estate

Woodside School, that brings back memories. I went there in the late 50's early 60's and remember it vividly; even my class teacher Mrs Whitely.

Ahhh remember her well but I think it was MISS Whitely if I remember right always had eyes for the male teacher Mr Stevens

I was there till 1963

Ahhh remember her well but I think it was MISS Whitely if I remember right always had eyes for the male teacher Mr Stevens

I was there till 1963

You're probably right but as the time passes the memory dims. Can't remember anyother teachers but can recall the dash across the playground to the outside lavvie and the little dining hall where it was chips on friday.

Archived