The Woodside Lads & Lasses of the 60s and 70s

You're probably right but as the time passes the memory dims. Can't remember anyother teachers but can recall the dash across the playground to the outside lavvie and the little dining hall where it was chips on friday.

your right about memory dimming !! but out here it dims a lot quicker when red wine is 25p a bottle (lol)

but wasn't the dining hall at the very bottom of the playground?

Just remembered another name the headmistress was

Mrs Lowe

I was from the top of Nottingham Street so what does that make me ??

( nice answers only you Tansley boys )

clare :wave: x

Nice answer's only....best i keep my trap shut then....lol

jt

Just thought..Nottingham St..that makes you....pitsmoor posh...

your right about memory dimming !! but out here it dims a lot quicker when red wine is 25p a bottle (lol)

but wasn't the dining hall at the very bottom of the playground?

Just remembered another name the headmistress was

Mrs Lowe

Well at least the memeories are well "preserved". Could have sworn you had to cross the playground and then go down some stairs to both the bogs and the dining room further on. I remember the climbing frame being at the bottom of the playground. Saw my first pair of girls unmentionables there when she did a upside down swing on it. Happy days eh!! Went on to Burngreave high from Woodside. Where did you live, I lived behind Stones Brewery at the bottom of Rutland road.

Nice answer's only....best i keep my trap shut then....lol

jt

Just thought..Nottingham St..that makes you....pitsmoor posh...

Ummm ! pitsmoor posh ......kinda like it ! i feel like a spice girl now !! :hihi:

clare :wave: x

Well at least the memeories are well "preserved". Could have sworn you had to cross the playground and then go down some stairs to both the bogs and the dining room further on. I remember the climbing frame being at the bottom of the playground. Saw my first pair of girls unmentionables there when she did a upside down swing on it. Happy days eh!! Went on to Burngreave high from Woodside. Where did you live, I lived behind Stones Brewery at the bottom of Rutland road.

Now then Arthur!

I think you're memories of Woodside Lane are pretty right.

My memories are that is was a nice little school (except for Miss Whitely)

Another teacher's name I recall was Miss Partington.

The only thing I remember about the canteen (besides the chips!) was being made to eat some foul concoction for pudding that looked like frog-spawn.

If you try to tell t'kids today, they won't believe you.

I lived in woodside lane near the top, bottom of woodfold lane last time i was in uk it was a car park for stanley works my grandmother lived in woodside lane at the back of the school there was a chippy there

your right about the steps down to the dining room but i seem to remember the "bogs" were in the top yard just to the left of the main building

A friend of mine at school lived behind stones brewery his first name was andrew can't remember second name but i think he went to king edwards from woodside

• 2 months later...

used to live in fowler st. then moved to mansell cres for a couple of years ,then back to grey st in a brand new upside-down house felt like royalty, great days for a youngster playing. on the building site that became woodside now all flat again

• 1 year later...

i lived on Macro St and went to Woodside. The dining room was at the bottom of the wae a prefabricated yard down some steps if I remember rightly it was a prefabricated builing. The toilets were in the main yard. Does anyone remember the Helen Wilson settlement on Hick St. its now a printers, spent a lot of happy hours there.It was a playcentre when we were kids. I also remember going to a lads house on Platt St (his name was Peter Green) as they used to have concerts in thier yard in the summer. They used a blanket peged to the washing line as a curtain for the stage. Oh those were happy times and days.

Archived