The Woodside Lads & Lasses of the 60s and 70s

i remember miss whitley i hated her and i remember mrs lowe and mr stevens

By you've got a good memory, other things I remember are:

Silent film shows at christmas

Rounders in the playground and a competition at Abbeydale School

A shop we made out of empty boxes and cans in one of the clasrooms.

playing the triangle when we had music ( I never got to play the drum)

Dancing - only one i can remember is the Tarentella and

The school christmas Navity play - I played an Innkeeper and can even remember my line - I have no room, there is no room (eat your heart out Mel Gibson).

But what about the pubs, my parents used to frequent the Wheatsheaf and Stag, I think the buildings are still there but are used for other things. I had a couple of mates round there Alan Gleeson and Brian Allen. Also in those days of course phone were few and far between, I can remember having to walk from Manners Street to the railway bridge near the Stag to use a phone.

By you've got a good memory, other things I remember are:

Silent film shows at christmas

Rounders in the playground and a competition at Abbeydale School

A shop we made out of empty boxes and cans in one of the clasrooms.

playing the triangle when we had music ( I never got to play the drum)

Dancing - only one i can remember is the Tarentella and

The school christmas Navity play - I played an Innkeeper and can even remember my line - I have no room, there is no room (eat your heart out Mel Gibson).

But what about the pubs, my parents used to frequent the Wheatsheaf and Stag, I think the buildings are still there but are used for other things. I had a couple of mates round there Alan Gleeson and Brian Allen. Also in those days of course phone were few and far between, I can remember having to walk from Manners Street to the railway bridge near the Stag to use a phone.

i remember the christmas nativity you did better than me i was never in it i can remember gleesons ann was in the same class as me and i know the name brian allen i lived below the school on rutland road where was manners street we drive up rutland road sometimes can you remember foresters pub on the corner of rutland road and rutland street that is still there and still opened as for as i know names i remember are jackie murdock, gereldine coggins, pat butcher,brian west and peter handcock

Manners St was at the bottom of Rutland Rd, under the Railway Bridge and sharp right. It followed the rail embankment.

A quick glance at Google Earth indicates that it is still there, but the sumptious houses that we all lived in are of course long gone.

I was also in the Nativity play, as a little angel, a photo exists of me looking a lot cuter that I do now.

LESMITH,i lived at my grans house on macro st from being born(1945) to the slum clearance. i went to woodside lane inf and jun then burn 4 1 year. my name was buckley then does that help

hi you will have to help me here did macro street run of fowler street did you have short brown air ?

Archived