The Woodside Lads & Lasses of the 60s and 70s

Well I'm definitely a Woodsider, born on Woodside Lane, and after a brief spell at Shirecliffe moved to the maisonettes overlooking Pye Bank rec. And due to a lack of youth clubs in my early teens I ended up going back down Woodside Lane to the Helen Wilson Settlement. The rec took up 90% of my free time, (assuming it wasn't raining), until I got to 16 and was old enough to drink.

Well I'm definitely a Woodsider, born on Woodside Lane, and after a brief spell at Shirecliffe moved to the maisonettes overlooking Pye Bank rec. And due to a lack of youth clubs in my early teens I ended up going back down Woodside Lane to the Helen Wilson Settlement. The rec took up 90% of my free time, (assuming it wasn't raining), until I got to 16 and was old enough to drink.

what year was you born and were in woodside lane did you live

LESMITH, Macro St ran from the bottom of woodside lane(where the bridge,horse trough and police box was) to pitsmoor rd. As i said my gran lived on macro st (78) on my mams side. my gran on my dads side lived on woodside lane facing rugby st, and yes i did have short brown hair then.

i remember the christmas nativity you did better than me i was never in it i can remember gleesons ann was in the same class as me and i know the name brian allen i lived below the school on rutland road where was manners street we drive up rutland road sometimes can you remember foresters pub on the corner of rutland road and rutland street that is still there and still opened as for as i know names i remember are jackie murdock, gereldine coggins, pat butcher,brian west and peter handcock

Can I remember the Foresters!! Probably the best pint of Stones in Sheffield - but I really don't want to get into that arguement. Did the Gleesons live near or run the paper shop down the road from the Stag?

LESMITH, Macro St ran from the bottom of woodside lane(where the bridge,horse trough and police box was) to pitsmoor rd. As i said my gran lived on macro st (78) on my mams side. my gran on my dads side lived on woodside lane facing rugby st, and yes i did have short brown hair then.

All my mothers family came from that area. The family name was Lindley, 4 sisters and 3 brothers (I think). Thier names were Margaret, Lily, Anne, Mabel and Charlie, Harry and John.

All my mothers family came from that area. The family name was Lindley, 4 sisters and 3 brothers (I think). Thier names were Margaret, Lily, Anne, Mabel and Charlie, Harry and John.

Hello I have a feeling that I know you and you are one of my cousins, does you name have the initial J,M,A, OR W or even H. I was born at 24 Macro Street until rehoused due to slum clearance on to the Parkhill thats where most of the clan moved to. I hope you are keeping well.

Hello I have a feeling that I know you and you are one of my cousins, does you name have the initial J,M,A, OR W or even H. I was born at 24 Macro Street until rehoused due to slum clearance on to the Parkhill thats where most of the clan moved to. I hope you are keeping well.

Well well, I got your message and you're correct, long time no see. Can't send you a PM as it keeps telling me you're not receiving them.

Can I remember the Foresters!! Probably the best pint of Stones in Sheffield - but I really don't want to get into that arguement. Did the Gleesons live near or run the paper shop down the road from the Stag?

hi i lived next cornner up from the forester and you right it was the best pint in sheffield

Archived