The Woodside Lads & Lasses of the 60s and 70s

hi does anybody remember silvya smith from macro street she married a lad called turner from pitsmoor

I remember the Smiths, they lived in the same yard on the other side of the entry. I recall a Mrs Richardson was also in the yard and the name Cotton My father I think worked with Sylvias dad.

• 5 weeks later...
You're probably right but as the time passes the memory dims. Can't remember anyother teachers but can recall the dash across the playground to the outside lavvie and the little dining hall where it was chips on friday.

i was born in 77 woodside(corner house on rugby street was 79) lane as was all our family including dad whose in his eighties and we all went to woodside school left in slum clearance in 59.i remeber Mr Steven starting at woodside we all hated him because he said elvis the pelvis wouldn,t last and stevens took over from our favourite teacher Mr stanley

• 3 months later...

I certainly remember running down to outside lav. i still have the scar on my knee when i fell on an urgent dash to get there.Our yard backed on to the school yard and i was often in trouble for climbing over our yard wall into the schoolyard or climbimg on top of the lavs.Yes the memory dims but reading your comments is flooding them back to me--great fun days

Archived