The Attic

Zumba Zebra

Yes it was in High Court. Here is a scan from the 1973 Kelly's Directory that might bring back a few memories. Apart from the Attic there was Lew Burgin's barber shop, Bryan G. Stokes climbing & skiing equipment shop, and the ill-fated Basil Laitner.

At the time I worked nearby at the Midland Bank (now the Banker's Draft), and when I was working overtime I'd nip out to the Attic for a sandwich - they were always scrumptious..:love:

now thats interesting, I used to work round the corner in Hartshead at Vehicle Licencing Office. That scan of the business' - Basil D Laitner, I worked with his daughter at aforementioned establishment when she worked there for the summer, it was her wedding where the murder took place. And interestingly for me and nobody else is that another business there is USDAW, where I am currently employed. I didnt realise they used to have an office in Sheffield. Thats why I love this forum.

Archived