Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Hi lostrider, the photo's with the kids on - on the island, who took these as i am on it, ha ha. my sister linda remembers you and asks if you had a grandma who lived on woodhouse crescent?

I am intrigued, I thought you said you were a beatson. There is no one called Beatson on the photo of the Kids on the Island. But yes my gran did live on Woodhouse Crescent, Beighton. When this was taken I think she may have been living with us on Delves Avenue by then. My mum took the photo with my camera I think.

Sorry the girl at the back in the middle is the image of me when i was young, we all thought it was me. Who was she, do you know who the kids all are as some look familiar but we cannot put names to them. Where was the island the photo was taken? Was it the island at the bottom nea Delves or the one near the top near Birley Spa Lane?

Hi Jean (Cotty) OMG do I remember you, and the times we sat on the swings in the park singing our heads off, with all our school pals, and our visits to Cann's Bottom, I always wondered what happened to you, my brother lives just around the corner from your child hood home and I always thought of you when I passed it. Strange you should turn up now.

Baz Glossop

xx

PS don't know if you remember John Gilliver as well, but he passed away earlier this year

Sorry the girl at the back in the middle is the image of me when i was young, we all thought it was me. Who was she, do you know who the kids all are as some look familiar but we cannot put names to them. Where was the island the photo was taken? Was it the island at the bottom nea Delves or the one near the top near Birley Spa Lane?

It,s the one on Delves Avenue. People in the photo are: Standing L-R Paul Lindley,Robert Eggington,Miriam Peckett, Mick Eyre, Me (ALan Burke) Front Kneeling L-R David Turner holding Jane Turner, Robin Turner, Carol Turner.

Kids on Delves Avenue.

• 1 month later...

i lived ther from 1970 to 1978 but my family stayed ther longer, i lived at 72 delves avenue and my grandma lived at number 18. My mum was susan shaw then mitchell and my sisters name was lisa mitchell, we use to live further down the road from the cousins family and i remember playin in the haystacks on the field behind our house and walking over the fields to my grandma pagowskis at beighton. I also remember the van tht came round selling veg n sweets amongst other things and wen fletchers van use to come round selling bread and cakes and the rag n bone man

anyone remember my dad, Taffy, he used to drink in the Plover, and had something to do with the Sunday football team, also the fishing club

Hi I just joined forum and found the Hackenthorpe thread really interesting, I rememeber your dad Taffy from Plover a lovely man I also remember your Mum losing a finger in washing machine,oldest daughter had a little boy with bright red hair and youngest daughter went to school with Katherine Tranter who lived next door, I used to work at Liptons next to Plover and still go in Plover a couple of times a week

Hi Le Baron

Oh God, I loved singing (still do, can't get me off a kareoke). Would you believe a day or two after posting my message I recognised a woman in Argos and it turned out to be Kathy (can't remember her second name) had deaf parents and we used to sing Kathy's Clown to the lad she was going out with. She remembered me and I told her about this site so she may log on one day. Remember going 'down Cams' and singing about it to Down Town.

Still got the scar on my leg where I got stuck on barbed wire when we were scrumping apples in the orchard near Bluebell Woods.

I do'nt recognise the name of the lad who passed away but it's always scary when you hear of people our age dying so young.

Have a great Christmas (looks like it could be a white one) and a prosperous New Year (could do with a lottery win!).

xx

• 2 weeks later...