Anybody from Hackenthorpe?

Surely we can't let the council get away with selling out heritage assets from under our noses to private profitters? Not when there are alternatives...

https://www.change.org/p/13408180/u/23099247?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_campaign=394207&sfmc_tk=CNlkdL3A5VEvZ4QQaUjUPawcp8mQAVlRjLuq2gUm4Q%2fz945vw832VOCEOsAtCSd0&j=394207&sfmc_sub=145245508&l=32_HTML&u=64880815&mid=7259882&jb=1

Please sign and be a part of living history.

signed..........

Surely we can't let the council get away with selling out heritage assets from under our noses to private profitters? Not when there are alternatives...

https://www.change.org/p/13408180/u/23099247?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_campaign=394207&sfmc_tk=CNlkdL3A5VEvZ4QQaUjUPawcp8mQAVlRjLuq2gUm4Q%2fz945vw832VOCEOsAtCSd0&j=394207&sfmc_sub=145245508&l=32_HTML&u=64880815&mid=7259882&jb=1

Please sign and be a part of living history.

------------------------------------------------------

Signed and brought to the attention of fellow members of the Sheffield History site.

Anyone remember a David Greetham from Hackenthorpe? He would have lived there in the 70's but later moved down south. He was in his 20's then and had a mate called "Ecky" (sp?). I'm asking on behalf of someone at work who knew him around that time but lost touch.

It's an old post but:) I used to occasionally drink in The Whetstone on Cumberland Street in the 70's and I remember a Hackenthorpe lad by the name of David Greetham who was a regular there. I got to meet him when the engine fell out of his car one night while he was in the pub. It was an old purple mini, and the engine mounts had rotted. The last straw was probably driving it across the rough ground that was then used as a car park behind the pub.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Misguided said:

How do I get to see the photos of old Hackenthorpe and school photos being posted ?

if theyre old, its an old thread they have probably been removed from peoples upload spaces, if thats the case sadly you cant

Edited by melthebell

A class photograph from circa 1960-61 at Rainbow Forge Infants school. Although I have a good memory I can't recall all the names of the children on the photo. I'll give it a go even though its about 60 years ago.

Peter Newton

Robert Booth

Jacqueline Nunn

Christine Coulson

Glynn Furniss

Philip Glaves

Andrew Goble

Ralph Smalley

Jean Eason

Barbara Settle

Richard Womack

Christine Taylor

June Tween.

Possibilities

Ian Fairfax

Susan Burgin

Martin Smith.

When we reached junior school age most of the children on the photo remained at Rainbow Forge. A few of us went to Birley Spa Juniors. Who'd want to be teacher's pet in the hope of being invited to one of Miss Pearl Cantor's infamous tea party's. Maybe Downsunder could tell us all about these cosy get-togethers.

At Rainbow Forge Infants and at Hatfield Woodhouse Infants (my first school. My dad was stationed at nearby RAF Lindholme) I received no physical punishments. It was a different matter at my next schools...

Birley Spa Juniors

Carter Lodge Secondary

Birley County School

Hurlfield Comp.

Abridged version.

• 2 months later...