Fly tipping a disgrace

Did it go totally un noticed by Sheffielders that you are second only to Liverpool for having the worst fly tipping record in the Country.

161,898 instances during the past 12 months alone according to mondays daily telegraph.

I left Sheffield many years ago but am still disappointed to see how untidy the place must be..what is the reason?

There ought to be a bounty payable to anyone filming flytippers in action, showing faces and reg numbers. Say £500 reward on conviction, and 6 months hard labour - picking crap up - for the offenders....to be televised and shown repeatedly on primetime TV. The offender's vehicle to be crushed whether hired or not.

And that's for the first offence. :thumbsup:

I know its not as bad a dumping loads of stuff, but I had an argument with an elderly lady who decided to dump her garden waste in the field infront of my house, Its private land and I know the person who owns it. I told her that it was private land, and that she was fly tipping, she just shrugged her shoulders and walked off!! I couldnt believe it! Needless to say I wasn't too pleasant with her! She only lives around the corner so I am tempted to go and dump my garden rubbish in her front garden, see how she likes it!!

I know its not as bad a dumping loads of stuff, but I had an argument with an elderly lady who decided to dump her garden waste in the field infront of my house, Its private land and I know the person who owns it. I told her that it was private land, and that she was fly tipping, she just shrugged her shoulders and walked off!! I couldnt believe it! Needless to say I wasn't too pleasant with her! She only lives around the corner so I am tempted to go and dump my garden rubbish in her front garden, see how she likes it!!

I don't understand stuff like this. Sheffield makes it so easy to dispose of unwanted goods at recycling centres.

I don't understand stuff like this. Sheffield makes it so easy to dispose of unwanted goods at recycling centres.

Businesses are not allowed to use the recycling centres and have to pay for waste removal. That's why any workmen you have round are likely to leave things they may have previously left. So some may choose to fly-tip.

Some unscrupulous people will charge to take rubbish away from homes and fly-tip rather than take it to the various places where they would have to pay to have it removed.

Also, I suppose that for those without cars, unless the recycling centre is next-door it's just too much hassle.

The Spanish system is to have lots of recycling bins on street corners, every couple of streets, and those bins are collected almost every day. There is a special truck which has a lift on it, and the driver can merely park up along side, hit a button and the bin gets picked up, emptied, and put back. Because of frequent collection, they do not need to be that large.